BIEA Research Fellowship for Early-Career Researchers 2022 – Are you interested in applying for this research fellowship program at BIEA? then continue reading.
On this page is all you need to know to successfully apply for the BIEA Research fellowship 2022 program.
About BIEA Research Fellowship
The British Institute in East Africa(BIEA) is a program that is meant to equip Africans in Kenya(Nairobi) with the necessities to further research in History, Archaeology, and other social science areas.
- Host Nationality: Kenya
- Institution: British Institute in East Africa
BIEA Research Fellowship Requirements 2022.
- Applicants should have the right to work in Kenya and must be available to start on 1st April 2022.
- Applicants should originate from any country in the East African Community (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda).
- Applicants should have completed a PhD in the last five years (with allowance made for family-related or other relevant career breaks) made for family-related or other relevant career breaks) or be able to demonstrate that they are about to complete a PhD (i.e., the application must include a letter from the PhD supervisor confirming that the applicant has submitted and is awaiting their viva) on a regionally relevant topic within the disciplines of the humanities and social sciences.
- Applicants should be working on a research project that will contribute innovative and policy-relevant scholarship in the humanities and social sciences as they concern Eastern Africa, and Africa more generally.
- Applicants should have excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Applicants based at a university or other organisation must have secured support from their employer for permission to take up a year-long external post.
- Salary and benefits package will be offered at a competitive rate, appropriate to experience and career-stage.
- Applications from academics whose research extends beyond the traditional geographical and research focus of the BIEA are particularly encouraged.
How to Apply
Applications for this scholarship should be done through the scholarship application portal below.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by 1700h EAT on 15th February 2022. Your application will include a full CV with details of three references and a cover letter. In addition, the following documents are required:
- A proposal for research that will be undertaken during the course of the year, including an outline of at least one publication to be submitted to a high-impact journal during the year (maximum 3 pages).
- An outline of a collaborative research project including at least one UK-based academic and that includes BIEA as a partner, that will be developed and submitted to a specified funding organisation during the year (maximum 2 pages).
- Ideas for contributing to and developing the academic environment of the BIEA (maximum 1 page).
Steps to Apply
Just one single step to successfully apply;
BIEA Research Fellowship Application Deadline:
Applications must be received by 1700h EAT, on 15th February 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and called for an interview in late February.
Was this post helpful?
Leave a comment below and please share our article on your social media platforms.