Commonwealth Scholarship 2022 For International Students in UK – Commonwealth Scholarships are given to talented individuals with the potential to make a positive impact on the global stage to study in the UK.
As part of the UK’s ongoing commitment to the Commonwealth, each year around 800 students are given the chance to undertake postgraduate degrees with UK universities.
The Commonwealth Scholarships fund scheme is aimed at students from across the Commonwealth who would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK. By funding postgraduate studies in a range of different study formats, the scheme helps to support future innovators and leaders.
Common Scholarship Requirements 2022 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for a Commonwealth Scholarship:
- A citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British protected person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- You also need to have an undergraduate honours degree of at least upper second class. If you wish to study for a PhD, you will need an appropriate master’s degree too.
- Finally, you must be unable to afford to study in the UK without a scholarship.
The eligibility criteria for each type of scholarship and fellowship vary. More information is available on the CSC website.
Moreover, these Scholarships are offered under six CSC development themes:
- Science and technology for development
Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Students who avail scholarships by the Commonwealth foundation will be provided with grants up to £200,000 for the duration of four years to fund their postgraduate degrees.
These grants are to support their innovative ideas in the best possible way, which will, as result, strengthen the economy of their respective countries.
List Of Top 8 Commonwealth Scholarships
The commission offers a diverse range of programs for students to choose from including:
- Commonwealth Ph.D Scholarships (for both developed and developing countries)
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
- Commonwealth Split site Scholarships
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship?
The application can be made by logging in to the CSC’s official online portal.
After selecting your country name, you can explore the eligibility criteria for your particular region. After fulfilling all requirements, your application is all set to submit.
Applicants are advised to make the following set of documents ready prior to starting the Commonwealth online application procedure:
- Letter of motivation enlisting key points on why you are applying for this funding
- A research proposal in order to propose your innovative idea
A study plan to make yourself project as a scheduled student
- Two original letters of recommendations by previous professors
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Scholarship resume and cover letter
- Letter of intent (LoI)
Commonwealth Scholarship 2022 Deadline:
Hope this article was helpful?
Let us know your challenges so we can proffer solutions to them as soon as we can.