Coolidge Scholarship 2022 Applications portal – Let us show you how you can successfully secure your spot with Coolidge by applying through the right application portal now.
- 1 About Coolidge Scholarships
- 2 What Does The Coolidge Scholarship Provide?
- 3 Coolidge Scholarship Requirements/Eligibilities
- 4 Application Steps For The Coolidge Scholarship
About Coolidge Scholarships
The Coolidge is a four-year need-blind accredited college or university in America. A handful of applicants secure a full ride, enough to cover expenses for four years.
What Does The Coolidge Scholarship Provide?
Everything a college undergraduate needs are covered in this scholarship, tuition, and room & board are all taken care of for all four years of study. There is even a stipend for books and school supplies! The total dollar amount provided varies from year to year but averages about $33,000 annually for a small number of selected scholars.
The Coolidge Scholarship provides a connection to a foundation dedicated to fostering undergraduates and focusing on lifetime learning.
Coolidge Scholarship Requirements/Eligibilities
There are a few simple requirements for eligibility:
- You must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States of America when you apply. This includes Dreamers.
- You must be a high school junior. However, if you are a junior and are enrolled in a few classes at your community college, you may still apply. Even if you intend on taking a gap year before starting college, seniors are prohibited from applying.
- Your goal must be to attend a four year fully accredited college or university in The United States.
- You cannot be an immediate family member of any employee or trustee of the Coolidge foundation.
- You must submit all required documents before the deadline.
If you fit into all those guidelines, then great! It’s time to look over the application process.
Application Steps For The Coolidge Scholarship
Like most intensive scholarship programs, The Coolidge Application is a rigorous and difficult trial. But high effort yields reward! Remember everything you submit will be read with the highest scrutiny, so only submit work you are proud of.
You will need to submit all the following information:
- The application form.
- SAT/ACT scores cards, PSAT score.
- School transcript, including all AP courses.
- Two essays, one no longer than 600 words and another no longer than 800 words. Prompt will be given once you start the process.
- A two page resume documents any job held and the experience gained from them. Also include information and career paths you have in mind.
- 2 recommendation letters, one letter must be from a teacher, and another must be from a member of the community who knows you well but is not related to you.
After submitting all these documents before the deadline and being selected as a finalist, you will have an interview process with the selection jury.
The Coolidge Scholarship Annual Timeline
You do not want to miss any deadlines for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Stay on top of when everything is due, and you won’t stress about getting anything in at the last minute.
The application first becomes available to all high school juniors in October 2021. You then have 5 months until the February 2022 deadline. By early Summer, every single applicant will be informed of their outcome.
If selected as a finalist, you will be called directly on the phone, so there is no need to check the online application portal constantly. Once the deadline has passed, all you can do is wait and trust you’ve done the best you can.
All finalists are flown out to the picturesque town of Plymouth Notch, Vermont. The costs of which are covered by the foundation. Over the course of a long weekend, all candidates were interviewed by the selection jury.
The panel is headed by former Vermont Governor James H. Douglass, who will be closely listening to see how you embody Calvin Coolidge’s spirit.
Once the scholars are selected, the winners will return to Plymouth Notch for an entire week of orientation and celebration of this generous grant!
Tips And Strategies To Help You Win The Coolidge Scholarship
- Academic Excellence
- Public policy
- Humility and service
- Plan your debt free education now
Is The Coolidge Scholarship Worth It?
Yes! Although very few candidates can win the Coolidge Scholarship, there are many benefits to applying. First, the finalists who are invited to interview but do not ultimately win the Coolidge Scholarship are eligible to receive a non-time “Finalist Award” Scholarship.
How Many People Usually Apply For The Coolidge Scholarship?
Nearly 2,500 students, hailing from all 50 states, applied for the Coolidge Scholarship this year. Each applicant was required to read and write an essay about the Autobiography of Calvin Coolidge.
How Much Is The Coolidge Scholarship?
The total dollars awarded for the scholarship is $30,000.