Make sure you don’t forget these 5 tips when preparing for a virtual interview and this information you’re about to see will give you a head start with such interview, especially if your’re a newbie.
With the advent of different social media platforms like Skype and the rest, it won’t be long before interview and virtual meetings will be strictly done online.
What is a Virtual Interview?
Here are few very key things you must take seriously when preparing for an online job interview;
Five(5) Tips When Preparing for a Virtual Job Interview
- Take time to try out all the materials that you’re going to be needing when preparing for a virtual interview before the day of the main interview and this includes; the computer, micro phone, source of power(especially if you don’t have a very strong battery, and also our data subscription. Trust me you don’t when to get stuck in the middle of an interview because of exhausted date pr poor network. Therefore it’s good to familiarize yourself with these materials or programs first before the main interview online.
- Another thing most first time virtual job interviewee mistake is to think this is just an online interview and possibly to them it’s not really serious; Really? Well my advice is for you to have the mind set that this is still a ‘real’ interview and those folks you see on screen are very serious minded employers and they won’t fail to disqualify you if you happen to fall short of their expectations.
- Put on the best dress possible; as simple this may sound, make no mistake dressing should also be your top priority when preparing for this job interview online. This is not only because of your employers but also because dressing professional gives you a great deal of confidence.
- Select a very quiet and serene environment for your interview. Maybe a church or library and even conference rooms.
- Now this is the most important point. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE TIME ZONE. Check to confirm the exact time difference between your country and the employer’s country.
Please pay close attention to point number 5!
You won’t need other points if you have no interview at all.
- 9 most Commonly Asked Interview Questions
- 3 Common Examples of How to Answer ‘ Tell Me About Yourself Question’