5 Important Tips When Writing a Killer Resume in 2020 – We bring to you the most sort-for tips this 2020.
The popular law that says the way you dress is the way you will be addressed comes into play here.
The resume is the first impression the intending company of interest or the employers have about you and the way you present your resume will go a long way in securing your interview spot.
Most job seekers mostly search for;
- Killer resume templates
- How to write a perfect resume
- Polish resume examples
- Resume objectives examples for multiple jobs
- How to write a resume today
What is a Resume?
A resume (also spelled résumé) is a formal document that serves to show a person’s career background and skills. In most cases, it’s created in order to help a candidate to land a new job. Also Note that a resume can be used for a number of reasons but in this cae is for a job.
How to Write a Killer Resume that Makes You Stand Out?
- Be in Your Employer’s Head: Here is all about understanding what your employers what and what is expected of you. Therefore, instead of beating around the bush and going on a wild goose chase, you should cut the slack by going straight to the point. So when writing your resume make sure that you don’t start telling stories of the numerous achievements you’ve made and all cause that doesn’t interest the employer. Instead they want to know if you can fit in the specifications. That is how your resume should look.
- Include Your Professional Skills: When drafting your resume, you should not fail to fully describe your professional skills. Make sure you includes those professional skills that are related to your target job title, as this will bring a sense of confirmation to the employers that your’e suitable for the proposed job.
- Always Use The Target Job Title: This particular point should have come first on my list cause this is so so important and am telling you that it’s importance cannot be over-emphasized. So in essence using the target job title makes it easier for the employers to locate your resume and select you for the job.
- Matching Credentials and Job Title: Before you think about applying for this job, make sure you have the qualifications/credentials to match the target job. So when going for a job make sure you align set qualifications with the requirements of the job.
- Start with your Achievements: This is a very effective system mechanism for any resume. The first section of our resume should carry or display your competence and ability to do the job.
Hope this post was helful?
Do let us know what you think and contributions is appreciated.