Harvard University Postdoctoral Fellowship – Center for African Studies Program for African Researchers 2022 is currently ongoing and the portal is also open for all interested candidates who wish to apply now before the deadline.
- 1 About Harvard University Postdoctoral Fellowship – Center for African Studies Program for African Researchers 2022
- 2 Scholarship Summary
- 3 Requirements for Harvard University Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 4 Deadline for Harvard University Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 5 How to apply Harvard University Postdoctoral Fellowship
About Harvard University Postdoctoral Fellowship – Center for African Studies Program for African Researchers 2022
Harvard University Postdoctoral Fellowship is one of the world’s leading academic institutions, Harvard University is committed to supporting top-quality Postdoctoral Fellows who will contribute to the University’s mission of excellence in teaching and research, and who are interested in advancing new ideas and promoting enduring knowledge. Harvard offers access to intellectual and cultural resources that are as unique as they are unrivaled.
- Host Nationality: USA
- Institution: Harvard University
- Study Type: Full time
- Academic Session: 2022
Requirements for Harvard University Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Harvard University Center for African Studies Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program is established for African-based researchers who intend to continue/return to work in African academia. Fellows will be selected based on academic talent in their fields and will have an opportunity to work on their pedagogical and research skills to further their professional development. Fellows will have completed their respective doctoral programs at institutions from anywhere around the world (preference will be given to those who completed Ph.D. in the past five years). Ph.D. holders who currently hold a paid academic appointment, which will be active through the duration of the fellowship period, with any of the following institutions are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have received a PhD or equivalent doctoral-level research degree (preference will be given to those who completed PhD in past five years) in any discipline with strategic interest to the African continent and must hold a paid academic appointment at one of the eligible institutions.
- Applicants who have not yet formally received their degree must present evidence of having completed the academic requirements before commencing the Fellowship.
- Applicants must identify a Harvard faculty mentor to support research and scholarly work; additionally, they should identify a second mentor at their home institution.
- Both mentors are required to submit letters of recommendation during the application process.
- Applicants should have English language proficiency.
- Applicants must have support from their home institutions to pursue an 18-month fellowship appointment, six months of which will be spent in a stipend-supported residency in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Throughout the fellowship period, fellows will have access to their mentor at both institutions as well as Harvard’s library resources and seminar/conference opportunities.
- Applicants should have an academic appointment at one of the listed eligible universities or include a letter from the institution that such an appointment is forthcoming during the fellowship period.
Deadline for Harvard University Postdoctoral Fellowship
The deadline for this scholarship is on 30th April 2022.
How to apply Harvard University Postdoctoral Fellowship
Interested and Qualified applicants should click on the link below to apply.