The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is a nonprofit organization that aims to empower Hispanic and Latino students with the knowledge and resources to excel in higher education.
Amazingly, If you’re selected as an HSF scholar, you gain access to a wide range of amazing services, including internship and job opportunities with the HSF’s corporate partners, mentorship opportunities, leadership development programs and conferences, wellness programs, and exclusive scholarship opportunities. Also, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) is an amazing resource for all students.
Hispanic Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Furthermore, for you to be eligible for the Hispanic scholarship, you have to;
- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent legal resident, or DACA
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for high school students; minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for college and graduate students
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited, public or not-for-profit, four-year university, or graduate school, in the US, for the upcoming academic year
- Submit the FAFSA or state-based financial aid forms (if applicable)
Do You Want to Get Updates From Us?
Steps to Subscribe
- Click on the link above ‘SUBSCRIBE NOW‘
- Input your email then click ‘subscribe’
- Then go to your email inbox and complete verification
Then you’ll receive all the latest updates on this;
Hispanic Scholarship Application Timeline/ Deadline
The Hispanic scholarship application begins from 1st January and the deadline is usually in February. Furthermore, from the month of March, the finalists are announced and are asked to submit their essays.
In addition, from the month of May to June; The HSF evaluates applications and selects Scholars who will then be notified if they have received a scholarship (funded) or if they were waitlisted for an award (waitlisted).
Moving on, from June to September; All HSF Scholars must submit their financial aid award letter. From October to November; All HSF Scholars must submit their enrollment verification form. Consequently, From October to December; The HSF Scholarships are awarded to the selected number of HSF Scholars.
How to Apply for the Hispanic Scholarship
To successfully apply for the Hispanic scholarship, you need to critically and carefully note the following documents that are needed for the application process;
- Firstly, your most recent high school or college transcript. You may be able to request these online. If not, you’ll need to speak with your high school guidance counselor or college registrar.
- Secondly, a complete FAFSA. If you’ve never done this, check out our guide on how to apply for FAFSA
- Thirdly, A copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR). You’ll get this after submitting your FAFSA.
- Fourthly, Financial aid award letter from the college/university you will be attending. You’ll get this from your college/university’s financial aid department.
- A picture. You’ll need to submit a professional headshot or student photo.
- Enrollment verification from your college/university.
- A personal essay
- At least an academic recommendation letter
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD). This requirement only applies to you if you’re a DACA recipient.
Funding and Awards
Finally, The Hispanic Scholarship Fund awards HSF Scholars more than $30 million in merit-based scholarships – ranging from $500-$5,000 per student.
Amazingly, these scholarships can be used to pay for tuition, fees, books, and other academic-related supplies, room/board, and transportation expenses related to school.
- Study Abroad in a USA Universities in 2021
- The Best colleges in Ohio you should attend | Check Here
- Best Colleges in Virginia You Should Attend | Check the Best Colleges in Virginia For Business
- Marine Biology Courses | Marine Biology Courses You Should Consider Exploring
- 5 Best Colleges in Canada | Best Colleges in Toronto & Others
- Cheapest medical Universities in the world for International Students | Top Universities in the World
- The most expensive Universities in the world
- Best Medical Schools in Canada | Medical Schools in Ontario and Others
- Top 10 medical colleges in India for medical students
- 5 Best Universities in UK | Top Universities in the United Kingdom
Careersafrik is NOT the official page. This is only a one-page summarized information page. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. Please always refer to the official website of the host/official page for complete and updated information.