How to apply for US Visa? – Are you interested in getting a US Visa and having been looking for easy steps to getting your very own USA Visa, then follow this USA Visa ultimate guide we have written for you.
On this page is everything you need to know about; how to get a US Visa, its requirements, and the steps you need to follow to successfully get the Visa.
What are the steps to obtain a US Visa?
I believe a lot of persons will be very interested to know how to obtain a US Visa. For you to travel to the US, a Visa is required.
There are lots of people with big American dreams and aspirations but then one limitation is how to actually obtain a US Visa.
This article will help you with the complete step by step guide to the US Visa Application Process
How to apply for US Visa?
Below are the complete steps in acquiring a US Visa but note that first of all, you ought to have applied for a US visa at the US Embassy in your country of residence. Follow the steps below;
Do You Want to Get Updates From Us?
Steps to Subscribe
- Click on the link above ‘SUBSCRIBE NOW‘
- Input your email then click ‘subscribe’
- Then go to your email inbox and complete verification
Then you’ll receive all the latest updates on this;
7 Easy Steps you need to apply for a US Visa
1. Examine if you need a visa
Several citizens are not required to apply for a nonimmigrant visa to the US. Citizens from 39 countries are members of the waiver program. The Waiver Program gives some level of privilege to persons from members counties to visit the U.S for up to 90 days for business and tourism purposes
This waiver program, created by the Department of Homeland Security to improve security for the people who visit the United States and also so that US citizens can travel to the other 39 countries freely.
The 39 Visa Waiver Countries Include the following: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom, and others.
2. Choose the US Visa Type
This is the next step after the first to obtain a US visa application and it is to choose the type of US visa that you want to get. You have to do this carefully because US Visa differs, they aren’t all the same.
The types of US Visa
There are about 185 types of US visas, grouped into two main categories, they include Nonimmigrant visas and Immigrant visas.
Main types of US visas:
- Visitor Visas. If you’re visiting the US to reside for up to six months then the visitor’s visa is what you need to get. This visa is divided into two namely: B1 visa for business visits, B2 visas for tourism visitors.
- Students Visas. This kind of Visa is basically for academic and vocational purposes. But it depends on the institution and the program of study. The student’s visa can either be the F1 or the M1 visa. The F1 visa is for students and the M1 visa is for vocational purposes.
- Exchange Visitor Visas. This visa is for those who are into exchange programs, practical training, and employment within the United States.
- Temporary Work Visas. If your purpose of going to the United States is for a temporary job or work then this visa is perfect for you.
- Treaty Trader and Investor Visas. The Treaty Trader and Investor visas are basically for those who have treaties of business activities or commerce and navigation in the United States.
- Diplomatic and Official Visas. This type of Visa is in different categories and they include the following: The A1 visa for foreign government officials and the A2 NATO1-6 visa for foreign military personnel within the United States.
3. Fill in the visa Application Form
You will be required to fill the Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application if you are applying for a US nonimmigrant visa. The content of the form includes your biodata, including, passport number & passport book number.
4. Pay your US visa application fee
After filling the above form, you then make payment of the visa application fees. Although, this depends on the type of visa one applies for. The fee for each type include; MRV Fee – $160, Petition Based Applicants (H, L, O, P, Q, R) – $190, E-1, E-2 & E-3 visa applicants – $205
5. Schedule a US visa interview
A US interview will be required for nonimmigrants applicants between 14 and 79 years old. The interview is mandatory as such the applicant is expected to schedule an appointment with the US embassy from which he/she is applying.
After you must have submitted the Form DS-160, submit every document required for your US visa application as evidence that you meet the requirement for the nonimmigrant visa you are applying for.
6. Attend the visa interview
The interview is the last step in the US visa application process. Make sure to be on time for the interview with your required documents. You will be asked a couple of questions about the visa you have applied for.
8. Wait for the processing
Wait for your application to be processed after the visa interview. The time of processing depends on the type of US visa you applied for but it takes a few days or months.
- Study Abroad in a USA Universities in 2021
- The Best colleges in Ohio you should attend | Check Here
- Best Colleges in Virginia You Should Attend | Check the Best Colleges in Virginia For Business
- Marine Biology Courses | Marine Biology Courses You Should Consider Exploring
- 5 Best Colleges in Canada | Best Colleges in Toronto & Others
- Cheapest medical Universities in the world for International Students | Top Universities in the World
- The most expensive Universities in the world
- Best Medical Schools in Canada | Medical Schools in Ontario and Others
- Top 10 medical colleges in India for medical students
- 5 Best Universities in UK | Top Universities in the United Kingdom
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund for Students
Careersafrik is NOT the official page. This is only a one-page summarized information page. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. Please always refer to the official website of the host/official page for complete and updated information.