How to Open a Domiciliary Account in FCMB Online-This is a guide on how to open a domiciliary account in FCMB online and all you need to know about a domiciliary or dollar account and the advantages.
- 1 Meaning of Domiciliary Account or Dollar Account
- 2 How many types of Domiciliary Accounts do we have?
- 3 About Domiciliary savings Account
- 4 Features of Domiciliary savings Account in FCMB
- 5 Requirement for Opening Domiciliary savings Account in FCMB
- 6 About Domiciliary Current Account in FCMB
- 7 Feature of Domiciliary Current Account in FCMB
- 8 General Requirements for opening Domiciliary Account in FCMB
- 9 How to Open a Domiciliary Account in FCMB Online
- 10 How to withdraw money from my domiciliary account in Nigeria
- 11 Black Market rate of Dollar to Naria
- 12 Recommendation
Meaning of Domiciliary Account or Dollar Account
A dollar account officially known as a domiciliary account is a bank account you open in Nigeria (Africa) that enables you to receive and withdraw foreign currencies. With a dollar account in Nigeria banks today you can receive money from different currencies from abroad but is not operated in Nigeria (Africa) currency, with this account you can operate with the three global currencies and you can receive money from either United States dollars, or British Pounds, or Euros.
How many types of Domiciliary Accounts do we have?
There are mainly two types of domiciliary accounts that are presently operating worldwide which are;
- Domiciliary Savings account, and
- Domiciliary Current account.
NOTE; You can open any one that suits your purpose
About Domiciliary savings Account
This is a foreign currency account that gives customers the option to save in any of the three global currencies (US Dollars, Euros, and GB Pounds) while earning interest.
Features of Domiciliary savings Account in FCMB
- Opening balance of 10 GBP, 10 USD, 10 EUROS
- Interest-bearing account but forfeited once there are more than 3 withdrawals in a month.
- A serialized non-clearing cheque-type withdrawal booklet is used for withdrawal by the account holder only.
- Allows for Foreign Currency Salary payments and cash lodgement.
- The account can be operated either as an individual or a joint account
- NO charge on cash withdrawal.
- Offers Issuance of foreign currency denominated drafts
- Free E-mail transaction notifications
- Free monthly electronic statements
Requirement for Opening Domiciliary savings Account in FCMB
For a successful opening of a dollar account, you must meet the following;
- Completed account opening form
- 1 passport photograph
- Minimum of 18 years old and provide the following:
- International passport Driver’s License National ID card or Voters Card or Resident Permit (for immigrants)
- Address verification e.g. Utility bill, recent bank statement or local authority tax bill, etc.
About Domiciliary Current Account in FCMB
This is a foreign currency account that gives customers the option to a bank in any of the three global currencies (US Dollars, Euros, and GB Pounds).
The FCMB Domiciliary current account allows customers to maintain accounts in foreign currencies. It is designed to enable customers conveniently carry out foreign currency transactions irrespective of where they are.
Feature of Domiciliary Current Account in FCMB
- A low open balance of 60 GBP, 100 USD, and 70 EURO
- There is no minimum operating balance
- Personalized non-clearing Cheque book for the counters withdrawals
- Access to internet banking
- No limit on the frequency of monthly withdrawals
- No account maintenance charge
- Interest of 0.05% p.a for $4,000
- No losses from verse movements in exchange rates
General Requirements for opening Domiciliary Account in FCMB
- Government Approved means of identification; driver’s license, National Identity Card, voter’s card, or International Passport.
- 2 recent passport photographs/
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- CIU Form
- Current Utility Bill
How to Open a Domiciliary Account in FCMB Online
- Visit the FCMB bank website
- Scroll down to ‘Account Opening Form’, and click on it.
- Three forms will be displayed, that is ‘Account Opening Form, Signature Form, and Reference Form’. Click on each of them, they will be downloaded automatically to your phone or PC.
- Ensure to fill out all the forms you have downloaded.
- Once you have filled them out, email the forms to customerservice@FCMBbankng.com.
How to withdraw money from my domiciliary account in Nigeria
How to withdraw foreign currency from domiciliary accounts. The easiest way to withdraw money from your dom account is by walking to any bank branch near you; however, it must be the same bank with which you opened your account. walk to the bank customer service and make clear your intentions.
Black Market rate of Dollar to Naria
|Dollar to Naira (USD to NGN)||Black Market Exchange Rate Today|
- How to Open an Account with Fidelity Bank Online
- How to Open First City Monument Bank Account Online
- Opening Bank Account with Access Bank USSD code
- Create an Account with Ecobank Online using the USSD code
- Opening Stanbic Ibtc Bank Account Online with USSD code
- USSD code for Opening Heritage Bank Account Online
- How to Open a Dollar Account in GTBank
- How to open a bank account with GT online
- Zenith Dollar Account how to Open Dollar Account Online
Hope after reading this article, it was able to solve your issues?
Let us know your challenges so we can proffer solutions to them as soon as we can.
Please note; Please be mindful of fake sites run by fraudulent parties posing as FCMB Bank or its affiliates. Do not disclose your personal information and financial details to anyone online or anywhere else.