How to Write a Java Developer Resume – Resume for a Java developer is quite easy, but before you can successfully write a good Java developer resume, you must first know how to write a good resume.
There are so many java development companies, who are in search who good java developers who are experts in their field.
Currently, the need for java developers have increased significantly over the years and this comes with it a significant increase in java developer salary.
On this page, we will be showing you some easy tips on how to write a good resume for a java developer and land your dream job today.
What is Java Development Kit?
The Java Development Kit (JDK) according to InfoWorld is one of three core technology packages used in Java programming, along with the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) and the JRE (Java Runtime Environment). It’s important to differentiate between these three technologies, as well as understanding how they’re connected:
- The JVM is the Java platform component that executes programs.
- The JRE is the on-disk part of Java that creates the JVM.
- The JDK allows developers to create Java programs that can be executed and run by the JVM and JRE.
Developers new to Java often confuse the Java Development Kit and the Java Runtime Environment. The distinction is that the JDK is a package of tools for developing Java-based software, whereas the JRE is a package of tools for running Java code.
The JRE can be used as a standalone component to simply run Java programs, but it’s also part of the JDK. The JDK requires a JRE because running Java programs is part of developing them.
What is Java Developer?
A Java developer is also a programmer who focus more on integrating java into business software, applications and websites. They usually work hand-in-hand with software engineers and web developers too.
As a Java developer, getting a job should not be a problem as long as you make sure your resume is comprehensive and has some of the things that will be listed here.
Therefore to give your resume the best chance of being picked, you have to adhere to the Java developer resume requirements below;
3 Tips on Writing a Strong Java Developer Resume
1. Clearly Outline your Java Developer Skills Set.
Just know that your resume is meant to sell yourself and to do this, you have to clearly list your java developer skills. This is because of Java development companies and employers in the tech sector look out for these things.
If you have these developer skills listed out, it will give you an edge over other Java developers seeking jobs too.
So if you have not gotten any additional java developer skills, here is a good list of Java developer skills in high demand to include in your java developer resume.
Java Developer Skills
- JavaServer pages (JSP) and servlets.
- Web frameworks (e.g., Struts and Spring)
- Service-oriented architecture/web services (SOAP/REST)
- Markup languages like XML and JSON.
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts and patterns.
2. Add Data to your Achievements
Okay, this might sound crazy but a large number of our subscribers who have used our job search have landed their dream job.
Do you see how the above statement sounds unconvincing? That is because data/numbers were not added.
For example; After our article on the 10 Seconds Resume Rule, about 77% of our subscribers were able to land their dream job in various industries.
Now how does that sound?
Employers in the java company want to see these data or statistics and doing this will show them that you are well-grounded and that you have what it takes for the job.
3. Employ the use of Java Developer Keywords/Terms
When writing your java developer resume, you need to put yourself in the mind of the employers.
This is because many java developer employers use Applicant tracking systems(ATS) to find their java developers.
This means that if you want to successfully land that java developer job, you must have made your resume have keywords that will be visible in ATS.
We have compiled a list of terms that you can include in your resume and make it ATS friendly too;
- Java developer
- Software engineering
- Java development
- Computer science
- Web development
These are just some terms out of a host of other terms that you can use to set up your resume.
- 100 Daring Bad Boy Names For Characters | Names to Make You Look Cool
- 99 Deep Emotional Love Messages For Her | Charming Love Text Messages For Her(Even Long Distance)
- Getting a Job With No Experience | 5 Proven Strategies
- How to Stand Out In Your Job Interview | 23 Proven Strategies
- How to Get a Job After Long Unemployment Period
- 10 Seconds Resume Rule | Make an Immediate Impression or You Lose
- Great Follow Up Thank You Emails After an Interview (2 Examples) 2021 Proven Samples