JOB TITLE: Data Scientist
JOB LOCATION: WORLDWIDE, WORLDWIDE
JOB TYPE: Permanent (Fulltime)
• Practical experience building mathematical, statistical, and algorithmic models to convert data into actionable insights
• Hands-on programming experience in a relevant coding language such as R, Matlab, SQL or Python, etc
• Experience working with structured, unstructured, semi-structured, data from internal and external sources
• Knowledge and experience in the different technologies used in the exploitation of data to solve problems
• Experience in collaborating and consulting with a broad range of decision-makers and stakeholders from different functions e.g. HR, Finance, IT, Supply Chain, Procurement
• Proven requirements gathering and analysis skills to clearly define problem statements and shape the questions that need to be answered using data
• Ability to understand and manage stakeholder requirements/drivers and manage expectations
• Intellectual curiosity and a keen interest in international development and humanitarian response
• Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate/, mediate
• Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
• Non-profit sector knowledge/experience (especially international development projects)
• Experience working on digital transformation projects
• Second language – French, Spanish, or Arabic
We are looking for candidates that are based in countries where Save the Children operates.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies.
Deadline: 11th Oct. 2021