JOB TITLE: Data Scientist – MDI Predictive Displacement Project
JOB LOCATION: Worldwide
JOB TYPE: Fixed Term Contract
This role sits within the MDI and will drive forward the development of a transformational predictive analytics tool, providing critical information on characteristics of mass displacement crises, including scale, location, duration, and demographic composition of displaced populations.
- Masters-level or higher in relevant discipline or equivalent experience / equivalent work experience
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Design, Data Science or other related numeric disciplines / equivalent work experience.
- A good understanding of current global migration and displacement issues.
- Experience of working for an international aid organisation, including developing-country experience.
- A strong international network within external experts.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries.
We can offer circa £43,250 per annum (If based in the UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply We encourage Early Applications as the recruitment process may conclude before the closing date if a candidate is identified.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline: 10th Oct. 2021