Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve center of Nigeria. The telco ranks among the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G, and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, and enterprise services.
Assistant Manager – Transmission Network Planning (Microwave) Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Assistant Manager – Transmission Network Planning (Microwave)
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Assistant Manager – Transmission Network Planning (Microwave) Job Details
- This role holder will support the network unit to do planning and provide technical solutions for connecting cell sites and enterprise customer locations.
- This person will be interacting with the Partners’ teams’ very extensively. Robust, flexible, and state of art fiber and microwave transmission network planning & delivery is the essence of the role.
- Study the new site’s requirements and prepare a connectivity plan.
- Take inputs for the BTS site’s expansion from the RF team and prepare the expansion of transmission links/network.
- Analyze monthly and correct any frequency interference cases as & when reported or noticed.
- Preparation of AOP & budget for Capex and Opex for the transmission network. This should include expansion of the existing network and planning of new routes as well.
- IP Network including IPRAN design & Planning
- Last-mile, access & backbone network Design & planning including link engineering. Validation of LOS reports and ATP documents. Preparation of feasibility reports as required from time to time. Carry out sample checks for LOS reports and ATP documents.
- BoQ preparations & validation
- Preparing RFP & Technical specifications
- Close interactions with internal departments like Supply Chain, Finance, deployment, and operations.
- Bandwidth and capacity planning & management. Monthly monitoring of traffic, utilization and keep optimizing the links to ensure each link has sufficient capacity to carry traffic.
- Adherence to the local regulatory requirements wrt frequency spectrum usage.
- Project Plan preparations, progress monitoring, and tracking for Fiber projects
- Day-to-day monitoring of KPIs of the transmission network to ensure that the reliability is as good as it was planned.
- MIS for senior management
- Regular meetings with partners.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics & Communication
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience in planning transmission networks domain
- Appreciable knowledge of Transmission of Mobile & Enterprise Network – Planning.
Skills & Competencies:
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Logical decision-making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to the business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on SLAs
- Impeccable integrity and character
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Business Management Jobs|