Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G, and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, and enterprise services.
Commercial Controller Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Commercial Controller
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
JOB TYPE: full time
Commercial Controller Job Details
- The prospective role holder will provide management with information relevant to aid decision-making and steer the company towards being a profitable entity.
- Drive business partnering and collaboration with stakeholders in evaluating risks and opportunities to drive strategic business and financial objectives.
- Build AOP Financials, based on functional and Operational Inputs.
- Monthly/Quarterly Analysis of Variance.
- Prepare a 3 /5-year plan as appropriate.
- Timely and accurate reporting of CWN daily.
- Issue zonal CWN report.
- Performance analysis highlighting function-wise areas of concern and improvements.
- Prepare Functional review decks.
- Monthly review deck for Board.
- Quarterly Review deck for Audit Committee.
- Review of Finance MAPA and coordination of Zonal MAPA to drive and monitor the delivery of the AOP.
- Controlling Opex / Capex approvals and updating functions on their YTD spent status.
- Obtain appropriate approvals for any cost overruns.
- Budgetary Check and evaluation of all Capex investments.
- Coordination of the flash and forecast process with functional heads to have an understating of the expected performance of the current month and the remaining months of the financial year.
- Bucket Wise revenue analysis (weekly-Gap against budget & Run rate).
- Segment Wise revenue analysis for proactive decision-making and customer profiling.
- Pre and post-launch promo analysis to Marketing for performance tracking.
- Issue quarterly competitor analysis.
- Monthly Market share reporting and analysis.
Education & Experience
- First & Second Degrees in Accounting, Economics, and Finance
- Professional qualification in Accounting – ACA/ACCA/CFA
- 12 – 15 years of relevant experience in Telecoms &/or FMCG.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- High level of commitment.
- Achieving Results
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Extremely proactive and able to take initiative in making strategic decisions.
Application Closing Date