9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS to provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services, and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
Director, Engineering Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Director, Engineering
Job ID: IRC4497
JOB LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Director, Engineering Job Details
- Oversee the planning and design of cost-efficient and reliable transmission infrastructure, core network, value-added services (VAS) and other Intelligent Network (IN) platforms to support the EMTS’s network rollout and transmission support for operational activities.
- Provide inputs in the articulation of the departmental strategy for the technical team.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the Network Engineering strategic direction and objectives to all her staff.
- Provide overall guidance and direction in the execution of different functions and activities.
- Coordinate the execution of the Network Engineering work programs and plans.
- Translate EMTS’s business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into:
- Requirements for the Core and Intelligent Network
- Forecasts for network capacity growth
- Integrated Network Plan, a live document to be maintained on an ongoing basis
- Establish and maintain key vendor relationships in line with established policies and procedures.
- Lead the conceptualization, plan and development of customized technical solutions for enterprise business customers
- Direct the Enterprise Network Design & Planning to provide enterprise solutions to support enterprise business unit.
- Oversee the maintenance of all power and cooling systems (generators, amplifiers, air conditioners, stabilizers, station batteries, rectifiers etc.) at EMTSBTS/Transmission sites.
- Lead the selection process of maintenance contractors responsible for major maintenance and repairs of power and cooling systems
- Coordinate the design and support the implementation of efficient transmission systems to support network expansion/ rollout
- Develop strategies and plans towards the implementation of a working WAN, and transmission links (E1s, Backbones etc.) to support operational and business needs
- Coordinate the development of EMTS’s radio Base Station Subsystem coverage and capacity rollout.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and database of existing transmission infrastructure in various EMTS target areas that can be leveraged for transmission services for network development and expansion
- Conduct technical feasibility of new network features/services.
- Support the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) in communicating the activities and achievements of the department to all relevant stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices and make recommendations to the CTO on how this impacts the division’s role.
- Oversee the detailed design of EMTS Core and Intelligent Network
- Plan core network capacity in line with approved network roll out/expansion strategy, market viability and demand planning studies
- Determine the appropriate locations for switches and other intelligent network elements to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Oversee the planning, design and optimisation of core network, systems and platforms to support value added services and ensure compatibility and integration with EMTS’s existing infrastructures.
- Ensure optimal use of resources in the planning, designing, and dimensioning of VAS, Core and Intelligent Network elements.
- Ensure that EMTS’s core network design is in line with accepted local and international standards.
- Provide advice on strategies for rollout of value-added services.
- Follow up with the acquisition, implementation and integration of switches into the network on an ongoing basis in line with subscriber growth and network expansion.
- Plan for contingencies in network design to accommodate differences between projections and reality.
- Ensure that the detailed access network plan is in line with the design strategy and consistent with the commercial planning division’s coverage requirements.
- Ensure radio network is designed and optimized in a cost-effective way.
- Oversee, manage and implement all core network and VAS development, transmission planning, RF planning and optimization activities and EMTS’s radio network coverage and capacity rollout.
- Oversee the planning of EMTS transmission network to sustain growth in EMTS subscriber base and ensure that forecasted customer demands are met.
- Provide support in the resolution of issues and faults on EMTS’s transmission network
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimize performance and enhance output by;
- Assigning detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervising them to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results
- Motivating, guiding, and ensuring knowledge transfer and capacity building in subordinates
- Reviewing and authorizing key expenditures/transactions of the department in line with approved departmental budget and financial manual of authority
- Ensuring periodic meetings to communicate departmental goals/targets and agree work plans.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Chief Technical Officer.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Chief Technical Officer
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification
- Twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years of work experience with at least four (4) years at the senior management level.
- Network Capacity Management
- Network Planning and Design
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Engineering Installation
- Leadership and People Management
- Decision Making
- Change Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
|Job Category||Engineering Jobs|