Metro Africa Xpress (MAX) – We are a team of passionate people and a leading technology-enabled company driven by a vision to solve the mobility challenges in Africa. We want to get people and goods to their destinations hitch-free. It is personal for us because we understand the frustration of epileptic transportation. We are making mobility safe, affordable, accessible, and sustainable through the deployment of high-performance technologies and operators.
Director of Product Marketing (Acquisition) Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Director of Product Marketing (Acquisition)
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Director of Product Marketing (Acquisition) Job Details
- We are looking for a reliable and seasoned Director of Product Marketing (Acquisition) who will be responsible for developing and directing all the marketing activities and campaigns for MAX’s growing suite of product offerings. You will thus be accountable for driving explosive user growth, while also optimizing for cost of acquisition and lifetime value.
- You will lead a team consisting of digital and field marketing professionals, and integrate within the broader Marketing function which also entails Communications & PR as well as an in-house creative team. You will further oversee MAX’s creative and field marketing agencies – setting their KPIs and ensuring that MAX reaps a return on investment from this collaboration.
- This role will initially focus on MAX’s home market in Nigeria, while also providing key strategic advice to our growing operations across Africa as these are set up.
- As the Director of Product Marketing, you’ll report to the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely with internal stakeholders such as product development, finance, growth, and other departments involved in the product lifecycle — from ideation to design and delivery while you ensure product viability to enable MAX to deliver value to all stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Product marketing strategy and planning:
- Working with the Product team, you will develop an annual marketing plan that supports the business’ Product scale goals and objectives.
- This plan will capture quarterly priorities, KPIs and the marketing initiatives and campaigns that will enable their achievement.
- With the support of the MAX internal team and agency partners – the plan will provide a 360 degree, through-the-line support for MAX’s product growth, and cover digital, field marketing, and communication / PR interventions.
Consumer data and insights:
- Prior to deployment, you will lead efforts to test and validate product marketing messaging through methods such as focus groups, interviews and A/B testing.
- You will also conduct competitive research and analyze their product, marketing and distribution strategies – to ensure MAX’s positioning stands out and is competitive
- Serve as the primary custodian of the MAX product marketing data dashboard, providing end to end tracking of the performance of our user acquisition funnel.
- Oversee implementation of marketing automation, marketing analytics, and high-performance marketing tools.
Marketing campaign planning and execution:
- You will play the leading role in developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns aimed at advancing the objectives outlined in the annual marketing plan.
- You will develop and implement a marketing campaign framework for the company, outlining the seasonal recurring campaign windows, as well as the approach for more opportunistic plays when these are available.
- On the digital front, you will ensure MAX has a highly effective digital marketing funnel that generates high-quality leads that convert to users at targeted rates.
- On the experiential / field marketing side, you will direct the activities of MAX’s partner agencies to generate high levels of awareness and foot traffic to activation points, converting relevant prospects into leads.
- Finally, working with agency partners and directly with our in-house creative team, oversee the development and deployment of high-quality and high-performance marketing materials and their placement in relevant media.
- Throughout campaign execution, be ultimately accountable for the marketing budget invested and on demonstrating return based on agreed metrics.
- Manage a growing team of marketing professionals (currently 2) as well as relevant agencies.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Operations, and Growth teams.
- Lead customer-centric thinking and craft programs to address and retain the target market
- Motivate, develop and inspire an enthusiastic team to achieve remarkable results
- Implement a systematic 1 on 1 feedback and performance review system
- Coach team members to deliver exceptional results.
What You’ll Need
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Information Technology, Economics, Business Administration or another relevant field.
- At least 8 years in the field of marketing, dealing specifically with product marketing, with accountability for lead generation and revenue.
- Vast experience in the creation and execution of high-performing marketing campaigns – including digital, field and mass media marketing.
- Ability to work in a global context – Previous experience working in high-impact environments is preferred.
- Proven track record of engagement with C-suite stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills; extensive experience in managing and mobilizing cross-functional teams.
- Past track record of recruiting and developing a high-performing team.
- Passionate about customers and demonstrated experience in building strong relationships.
- Understand the diverse nature of different countries i.e., work environments, cultures, market changes, customer behavior, etc.
- Futuristic and visionary with an entrepreneurial mindset, agile and adapts quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A data-driven method for decision-making using KPIs and metrics.
Application Closing Date
29th April 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Marketing Jobs|