MTN Group Limited is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European, and Asian countries.
Its head office is in Johannesburg. MTN recorded 232.6 million subscribers, making it the eighth largest mobile network operator in the world, and the largest in Africa.
Engineer- IP and MPLS Support.Network NG Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Engineer- IP and MPLS Support.Network NG
JOB LOCATION: MTN plaza, Ikoyi, Lagos State, South West Region, 101233, NG
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Identification: 1080
Engineer- IP and MPLS Support.Network NG Job Details
- Provide day to day Operational and Maintenance Support for the MTN Nigeria’s enterprise Data Network based on MPLS Technology.
- Coordinate high level understanding of multi-services platforms, routing protocols ISIS / RIP / RSVP / OSPF / BGP / iBGP / and trouble shoot down to packet level.
- Guarantee in-depth knowledge of IP/MPLS protocols, NMS systems, firewalls, Cisco works, CIC, identify with Layer 2 and 3 VPN in line with the Service Level Agreements.
- Implement VoIP and IP Telephony in a Telco and Large IP Networks including integration and configuration.
- Implement firewalling technologies and network access control methodologies.
- Implement mile business connectivity access technologies like ADSL,WiFi,Wimax.
- Implement QoS, Diffserv Traffic shaping and traffic QoS policy with In-depth understanding.
- Escalate network related fault and network clearance rate.
- Ensure quality roll-out of new Data/services working with Marketing and IP System planning teams.
- Perform New Node implementation and cut over.
- Provide Emergency Maintenance on IP/MPLS Network/High Level trouble shooting.
- Liaise with IP vendors, interfacing with TAC centers and Vendor Tier 2 and 3 support staff.
- B.Sc. Computer Science/B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or any related field
- Cisco Certification to Professional Level required with a bias in MPLS Technology/Routing & Switching/Datacenter
Experience:3-7 years of experience which includes:
- Experience in a high-level support of large Enterprise Environment
- Experience in the implementation of QoS Policies, Segment routing
- Experience interworking with TAC and other Cisco services
- Prior experience in Service Provider and ISP Functionality
03/03/2022, 11:59 PM
02/23/2022, 06:13 AM
|Job Category||Engineering Jobs|