MTN Group Limited is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European, and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg. MTN recorded 232.6 million subscribers, making it the eighth largest mobile network operator in the world, and the largest in Africa.
Engineer – Radio Frequency Optimization.Network NG Job Surmmary
JOB TITLE: Engineer – Radio Frequency Optimization.Network NG
JOB LOCATION: MTN plaza, Ikoyi, Lagos State, South West Region, 101233, NG
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Engineer – Radio Frequency Optimization.Network NG Details
- Measure Network Capacity and coverage enhancement functions within the assigned cluster with:
- Capacity – Ensures Managed Services partner does capacity study at the beginning of the year and provides input to RF Planning.
- Coverage – Ensures Managed Services partner does coverage optimization and provides input to RF planning on coverage gaps.
- Technology Monitoring – Ensure multiservice sites (2G, 3G, 4G/LTE, 5G etc.) monitoring with good performance.
- Measure Network optimization/performance management within the region with:
- Daily Network Health check using Statistical tools like MAPS.
- Ensure Managed Services carries out Network Drive Test and Optimization to improve network quality.
- Ensure Automatic Frequency Planning (AFP) of the GSM Network to improve the GSM network coverage, quality and customer experience.
- Monitor and analyze network performance and configuration to ensure KPIs are in conformance with targets
- Analyze and critic MSOP Weekly Optimization Reports and provide comments on SLA KPIs and Performance KPIs in order to foresee needs for coverage/capacity expansion.
- Review network changes submitted by the optimization vendors before logging job request to the Change Management Portal and engage all relevant stakeholders before the Change Management Meetings.
- Maintain accurate and thorough Knowledge of the network architecture
- Coordinate customer complains resolution with the Optimization Vendor
- Coordinate the handling of local network queries raised by the customer operations team in the assigned cluster
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the behavior and status of all sites in the assigned cluster to aid feedback to management
- First Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or related disciplines.
Experience:3-7 years of experience which includes:
- RF Optimization experience with a Telecom vendor or Wireless Telecom operator
- Experience on 2G, 3G, 4G Optimization
3 March 2022