Financial Control Officer Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Financial Control Officer
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
Industry: Financial Services
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Financial Control Officer Job Details
- The Financial Control Officer is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- S/he will also be responsible for establishing the Financial Reporting Controls Framework (FRCF) for the IFRS financial statements, statutory and tax reporting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, assess, implement and monitor a robust Financial Reporting Controls Framework (FRCF), governance and methodology
- Identify, assess, document and monitor business processes (including financial systems) that affect financial reporting
- Lead, document and report on risk assessment of the business processes in respect of materiality & tolerances misstatements in financial reporting, including establishment of risk ratings for use in Group reporting
- Develop policies for controls and control objectives for core financial reporting processes
- Work with process owners to scope, design, and implement controls to address key risks and ensuring design adequacy and operating effectiveness of financial controls
- Prepare and manage the ongoing quarterly and annual reporting process
- Actively seek uniformity and automation of controls through efficient use of financial systems and innovative technology to enhance and continuously improve the design and effectiveness of controls, including efficiencies in documentation, assessment, and testing of controls
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to ensure the effectiveness of the controls are tested and the resolution of any audit findings
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
Skills and Knowledge required for the Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other business-related fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in asset management or banking operations of which three years’ must be in financial control
- ICAN/ACCA certification an added advantage
- Understanding of accounting and financial processes including risk and financial controls
- Analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills and perfect command of the English language.
- Ability to effectively design and present information to senior management
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
Deadline: March 18, 2022