Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve center of Nigeria. The telco ranks among the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G, and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, and enterprise services.
Financial Reporting & Tax Manager Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Financial Reporting & Tax Manager
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
JOB TYPE: full time
Financial Reporting & Tax Manager Job Details
- The prospective role holder will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing Financial Reporting, taxation, and accounting processes.
- Ensure company-level books closing process every month, quarter, and year in terms of timelines and accuracy.
- Preparation of Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Profit, and Loss Statements, Cash Flows, and Notes on Accounts as per applicable IFRS and Banking Regulation by CBN). Custodian of the internal control framework as required by Regulation. Drives cross-functional compliance.
- Review of work related to vendor payments and ensuring completeness of month-end provisions.
- Compliance with all statutory requirements related to Direct and Indirect taxation of the organization are met including timely and accurate submissions returns, proper documentation, etc.
- Conducts reviews of the banking operations. Analyses trial balances including aging, movement, recoverability, and impairment. Perform variance analysis and sense checks.
- Ensure adherence to audit requirements including coordination with Statutory, Tax, and Internal Auditors, regulatory audits, for timely closure as per the calendar.
- Implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintaining Financial Delegation of Authority (FDoD).
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that company financial information is secure.
- Should be able to specify accounting and tax implications when new products are rolled out.
- Governance of tax accounting done by Shared Services team and guide them with relevant rules, steps, etc.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- Minimum of a First Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related disciplines.
- Over 8 years of work experience in the banking/financial services industry.
- Experience of working in an Accounting /FINCON function in a Bank is a mandatory requirement.
- Understands accounting principles, standards (IFRS), and Banking Regulations.
- High level of proficiency in the using the Oracle Flexcube/Accounting software, Proficient in using Microsoft Offices Software.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
- Verse with taxation rules and returns for reporting and compliance.
- Excellent excel skills.
- High integrity.
- Effective communication skills.
- Extremely proactive and able to take initiative in making strategic decisions.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Business Management Jobs|