Metro Africa Xpress (MAX) – We are a team of passionate people and a leading technology-enabled company driven by a vision to solve the mobility challenges in Africa. We want to get people and goods to their destinations hitch-free. It is personal for us because we understand the frustration of epileptic transportation. We are making mobility safe, affordable, accessible, and sustainable through the deployment of high-performance technologies and operators.
Fleet Operations Manager Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Fleet Operations Manager
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Fleet Operations Manager Job Details
- We are looking for a Fleet Operations Manager who will strategically oversee all aspects of our Driver Welfare and Driver Operations
- You will be a strategic thinker with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- You will have strong research experience, an analytical mind and outstanding presentation skills.
- You willbe highly analytical, a self-starter, results-oriented and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Create key performance index across all teams
- Ensure proper use of GPS systems
- Ensure optimal use of technology put in place by MAX in overseeing drivers driving patterns.
- Create strategies to reduce costs and increase the profits and also ensure an increase in efficiency
- Ensure that a proper report is made to the management on the maintenance of each vehicle
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws related to the repair of vehicles and equipment use and care
- Create and develop training modules for vehicles and equipment usage
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by preparing, overseeing and surveying current user trends
- Ensure the implementation and enforcement of transportation scheduling and policy changes
- Ensure operational efficiency in maintaining a regular schedule
- Ensure that there is compliancy to all current updates and reviews of government rules and regulations
- Responsible for the maintenance of all vehicles and ensure that the schedules are up to date
- Oversee the registration, licensing of each vehicle to ensure the maximization of profit
- Ensure procedure and processes that has been laid down are being strictly adhered to in selecting champions from the Academy
- Create a budget for the team and present to the management for proper analysis and approval.
What You’ll Need
- A Degree in Sciences, Finance, Accounting or any related fields
- A minimum of B.Sc / HND
- 5+ years’ logistics or general transportation experience
- 5+ years in operations leadership, strategic planning, and management consulting in a fast-paced global organization
- Deep understanding of technology and change management
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- A global leader and thinker with the ability to make quick strategic decisions
- Deep understanding of finance and operations
- Highly energetic, self-motivated, and proactive
- Strong interpersonal and communication (Written and Oral) skills
- Excellent understanding of inventory control principles and practices
- Proficiency in MS-office/ Google Workspace
- Good understanding of fleet management
- Critical thinking
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Confidentiality and Thoroughness.
Application Closing Date
28th April 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: We are committed to and encourage equal opportunity.