Funds Accounting Manager Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Funds Accounting Manager
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
Industry: Financial Services
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Funds Accounting Manager Job Details
- The Funds Accounting Manager must foster the GTCO’s mission to invest with integrity, prudence, and skill to meet the financial objectives of those we serve by ensuring that the investment portfolios are accounted for in conformance with applicable accounting standards.
- In addition, this candidate must ensure that all income and cash flows are collected/disbursed and reinvested timely, investments are appropriately safeguarded, transactions executed timely, and accurately utilize industry best practices within an appropriate internal control framework.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare timely and accurate Net Assets Values, yields, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review
- Daily Postings of unit holders’ subscriptions and redemptions
- Computation and analysis of daily Equities Mark to Market.
- Daily booking, breakage and liquidation of financial instruments (Treasury Bills, Commercial papers, Equity, Fixed deposit)
- Preparation of daily bank reconciliation statements
- Reconcile various accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly researching and correcting any variances.
- Preparation of periodic SEC report for all funds.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the mutual funds
- Identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices, communicating same to management, and assisting in their resolution.
- Participation in the fiscal year- end audit process and provision of information to auditors as required.
- Reconciliation of inter-company settlements for all mutual fund products.
- Preparing, reconciling and distributing reports to/from marketing, separate custodians and investment management.
- Participation in regular rotation of trade processing and other accounting processes to prepare the fund accounting system for the next day.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or Finance, or other business-related fields
- Strong preference for a Chartered Accountant
- 4 – 5 years of experience.
- Detailed understanding of capital markets.
- Excellent analytical skills and good mathematical knowledge,
- Proficient with the use of advanced statistical analysis software and capabilities (fluency in at least two of the following: SAS, R, Python, SQL, Salesforce)
- High interest in and enthusiastic about economic and financial market trends
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data.
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements, spreadsheets, ratios, and concepts.
Deadline: March 18, 2022!
|Job Category||Accounting Jobs|