Bolt (formally Taxify) is one of the fastest-growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a ride-hailing app to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker, and more reliable.
Global Compensation & Benefits Manager Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Global Compensation & Benefits Manager
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Global Compensation & Benefits Manager Details
- We are looking for an experienced Compensation & Benefits Partner to support our People team and business units across the African region.
- You will be part of the global Compensation & Benefits team, responsible for the execution, implementation and administration of Compensation and Benefits (C&B) programs and activities, and responding to local market conditions and challenges in the African region.
- This is a new role reporting to the Global Head of Compensation & Benefits and can be based in Nairobi, Johannesburg, Lagos or Accra.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Working closely with the global C&B team to drive the agenda and develop global strategies, policies and guidelines and implement these in the African region
- Standardizing regional and local approaches to benefit programs to guarantee alignment, market competitiveness and best practices
- Supporting the business and People team in all parts of the region with aspects of the reward package and its management
- Researching compensation trends and industry best practices, participating in compensation surveys, and ensuring accurate and relevant C&B benchmarks for our different locations and talents
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the initiatives and its related communications efforts by analyzing data and feedback and developing continuous improvement actions
- Participating as an active team member in compensation projects, providing compensation subject matter expertise and advice when not in a lead role
- Participating in job evaluation activities including the development and maintenance of job profiles
We are looking for:
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications
- 5+ years of Compensation and Benefits experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in regional roles and/or in large technology companies and people initiatives are a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory environment relating to employee compensation and benefits in the African region
- A high level of practical experience in using benchmarking data and surveys
- Strategic thinking, combining strong business judgment and people intuition to reach well-founded decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining appropriate attention to detail and standards. Willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Strong communication and collaborative skills and the ability to build relationships across diverse stakeholder groups including senior management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Advanced Excel/GoogleSheets skills.
You will get extra credits for:
- Experience in managing compensation module in Workday.
Why you’ll love it here
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- As we grow, so will you! Bolt’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our global teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
- Switching off is important! At Bolt, we like to work hard and play hard. Enjoy our fun team events, office snacks, free merch, and more!