Internal Control Officer Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Internal Control Officer
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
Industry: Financial Services
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Internal Control Officer Job Details
- The Internal Control Officer is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing internal control reviews and procedures regarding the organization’s process, systems, accounting structures, and projects.
- This candidate will work in partnership with all stakeholders to ensure that potential risks and controls are adequately identified, measured appropriately, and recommendations implemented.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed
- Conduct periodic reviews of the effectiveness of the internal control system to ensure the integrity of the system, improve them and propose value-added recommendations.
- Collaborate with business and process owners to implement and monitor remedial actions that result from internal control audits, and drive the effective implementation of corrective actions
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve identified control deficiencies.
- Develop, execute, and monitor adequate internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) in line with best accounting practices and identifying appropriate risk and mitigation strategies
- Monitor and ensure all system user accounts/privileges are approved with proper system access parameters in line with their respective level of information access for their job functions
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that controls are fully embedded in the design of processes and systems
Job Requirements and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other business-related fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in asset management, real estate, or banking operations of which three years’ must be in internal control
- ICAN/ACCA certification an added advantage
- Understanding of accounting and financial processes including risk and financial controls
- Analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills and perfect command of the English language.
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
Deadline: March 18, 2022