Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G, and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, and enterprise services.
Lead, Site Deployment Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Lead, Site Deployment
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
JOB TYPE: full time
Lead, Sitee Deployment Job Details
- This role holder will Plan, Direct and Deploy all Identified Network Projects and Programs to ensure a High Speed of Time to Market.
- This role must guarantee synergy, effective and efficient resource utilization, cost optimization, and Return on investments to deliver on Business goals and +1 Network experience.
- Ensure the speed to market exceeds the competition and first time right (FTR) of all RAN deployment.
- Track the rollout of sites in the ZTE/Huawei/Nokia area and all expansions from budget approvals to site integration and acceptance.
- Ensure proper installation of RAN equipment in accordance with OEM specification and provided installation manual and all required documentation is shared by the OEM.
- Work closely with the team on the various low-level task, coordinate all internal and external dependency for smooth deployment.
- Determine and Manage strict timelines and quality delivery with the OEMs.
- Create Project Tracking Systems and ensure the central repository for all site rollout projects and information is maintained with continual improvements.
- Support with resource plan and forecast including own resources, subcontractor needs, and tools required for seamless rollout.
- Evaluate all Service Level agreements, partner with all stakeholders to achieve a positive customer experience and optimize costs
- Output daily/weekly reports including progress/status/issues and partner performance evaluation for site and expansion projects.
- Work closely with the Head of Deployment to track closely project milestones to ensure seamless delivery.
- Responsible for collating and analyzing data from the PMs and flagging SLA violations on-site rollout projects to the Head of Deployment to ensure swift intervention.
- Responsible for providing regular reports on PM and Partner performance.
- Provide plans and Set up a process of Increasing network coverage in strategic revenue-generating locations
- Determine and Manage strict timelines and quality delivery in a multi-vendor environment with ZTE, Nokia & Huawei.
- Work closely with planning to review BOQ for new site rollout and expansion projects.
- Propose and review Roll out of sites and expansion as per network priorities by collaborating with a commercial for the identification of new areas and deployment of the network.
- Establish a departmental process to align to PMI process for site rollout, expansions and enforce strict adherence.
- Ensure Management of CWIP (Capital work in Progress) to deliver equipment within 3-6 months of delivery to the warehouse.
- Ensure all necessary documentation for regulatory compliance is adequate and readily available
- Ensure all statutory permissions required for deployment have been approved and documented.
- Provide support and ensure the effective process of management of Service providers and Infrastructure vendors.
- Establish a procedure for Improving rollout and maintenance vendor and subcontractor performance to ensure regular follow-up and objective measurements.
- Developing a win-win relationship by setting common goals and objectives.
- Ensure and monitor the timely release of site requests (SR) and Service Order with Tower Company and SP
- Provide a platform for seamless sharing of sites with other Tower companies for effective and speedy deployment.
- Review site sharing activities with the telecom vendors and ensure that all the sites are inside the rental brackets and required permitting (environmental etc.) are secured in time to avoid project delays
- Partner with the Supply Chain Management team and validate the requests for purchase of new hardware based on standards.
- Track and Follow-up on material arrival/dispatch and warehousing for the network rollout (Local & imported).
Education & Experience
- First Degree in Engineering from a reputable university.
- Professional qualification in Project Management Techniques
- 10-12 years experience in the Telecom sector
- 5-8 years in the deployment of GSM and/or 3G&4G.
- Experience in managing multiple complex Network projects simultaneously.
- Evidence of successful project delivery with a wide geographical spread.
- Relevant experience in site planning and Use of Map Info and planning tools.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong Numeric skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Business Acumen
- Eye for details
- Environmental Knowledge
- Communication skills
- Project management
- Process Quality.
Application Closing Date