OPay is a company that provides transportation, food, grocery delivery to its customers, and it has made them the best so far in Nigeria
Legal Counsel Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Legal Counsel
JOB LOCATION: Ikeja, Lagos
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Legal Counsel Job Details
- Responsible for the legal affairs management of the company and providing legal consultant services.
- Establish company legal management and contract management framework. Analyze, report & manage legal risks for business lines including (but not limited to) core-tech, fintech-related agreements.
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing contracts and relative documents for new & ongoing business transactions
- Cross collaboration with other departments
- Provide legal support for e-commerce and digital marketing initiatives
- Ensure onboarding and training of new business partners, and reinforce with existing business partners, to help drive value, discipline and assist business partner understanding of risk management and mitigation involved in the contract negotiation process.
- Develop expertise in relevant legal regimes, including data privacy laws and industry standards and intellectual property, in order to facilitate regulatory and internal compliance.
- Provide general legal advisory in company legal affairs and disputes.
- Manage external law firms and legal consulting.
- Other duties assigned by superior.
- Minimum of LLB
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar (BL)
- 6-8 years’ post-qualification experience.
- Multinational/law firm experience desirable, though not mandatory.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian laws, regulations and policies.
- Depth and familiarity with the financial services industry, fintech regulations and policies.
- Excellent grasp of legal research, advisory and analysis.
- In-depth communication skills – drafting, review, negotiation.
- Excellent logic and comprehension, excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Great command of English (written, spoken).
- Excellent team leader.
- Highly motivated and achievement orientated.
- Genuine interest in digital platforms, financial technology services and innovation.
March 10, 2022.