MTN Group Limited is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European, and Asian countries.
Its head office is in Johannesburg. MTN recorded 232.6 million subscribers, making it the eighth largest mobile network operator in the world, and the largest in Africa.
Manager – Device Management.Marketing NG Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Manager – Device Management.Marketing NG
JOB LOCATION: MTN plaza, Ikoyi, Lagos State, South West Region, 101233, NG
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Job Identification: 1186
Manager – Device Management.Marketing NG Job Details
- Manage MTN device specifications, customizations, testing and onboarding process, including the introduction of new device features on the network
- Manage Device orders end-to-end including ensuring all necessary documentations and certifications are secured,
- In conjunction with our Device partners and procurement, ensure availability of a wide range of devices and adequate stock levels at all MTN touch points
- Development of consumer and retail/channel value propositions for devices
- Identify and evaluate new devices to meet customers demand and develop initial business cases to support new device requirements. Source insights from channel & segments profitability and BI to ensure proper creation & feasibility of offer creation – continuously assess product potential and profitability.
- Strategic Partnerships with Original Equipment/Device Manufacturers (OEMs/ODMs) to drive MTN’s device market share
- Lead device launches and relevant special projects in coordination with the internal teams.
- Push development ideas to segment managers regarding product development related special Projects like Device upgrades, Device Trade-in, Buy Back, Device Leasing etc.
- Manage the reports and progress of the device launched and special projects launched and provide the insight for each projects, which gives the fact for the profit margin on the projects launched and the win-loss analysis against the set forecast.
- Assist in achieving MTNN’s smartphone and broadband penetration targets across different customer segments to increase ARPU, acquire new customers, and retain existing customers.
- Monitor and evaluate market trends and provide competitive insight and bring development ideas/concept papers to the relevant stakeholders to generate positive revenue and differentiate device offerings.
- Review device performance (along all defined criteria) and provide senior management with response actions in keeping in line with set business objective and goals and develop contingency plans as required to address shortfalls or excesses.
- Report (device reporting and tracking) on a monthly basis to management relating to progress made vs. target.
- First degree in Marketing or a related discipline
- Possession of post graduate degree (MBA/Masters in relevant fields) will be advantageous
Experience:Experience: 6 – 13 years’ experience which includes:
- At least 3 years in a supervisory/management role in Telecoms marketing and/or Sales
- At least 2 years experience in managing projects
- Experience in device specification development, device supply, retail/sales, support, channel development and problem management
- A good understanding of systems, networks and mobile telecoms, mobile applications and mobile devices
- Proven experience in customer management, market research, marketing strategy execution, and performance tracking
- Proven experience in driving Home Broadband market development would be an added advantage.
03/03/2022, 11:59 PM
02/23/2022, 06:01 AM
|Job Category||Business Management Jobs, Marketing Jobs|