Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve center of Nigeria.
The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G, and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, and enterprise services.
Manager – IP Planning and Operations Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Manager – IP Planning and Operations
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria Hybrid
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Manager – IP Planning and Operations Job Details
- This role supports the Enterprise business unit to do IP planning and provide customized technical solutions to enterprise business customers.
- This person will be interacting with the enterprise business team and customers very extensively.
- Flexible and economical design with the timely support of IP-related operational issues is the essence of this role.
- Produces designs and implementation plans to test and activate new links for enterprise customers. This includes design for IP Access, BGP transit, and MPLS VPNs on layer 2 and 3 and APN services.
- Provides Technical validation of new customers’ IP-related order requests.
- Configures switches, routers and ensures solutions are fully documented as part of day-to-day business operation.
- Specifies design parameters and Prepares BoQ preparations for new IP solutions.
- Liaises with service providers to validate the design and ensures they are fit for purpose.
- Supports the sales teams in responding to new tenders and bids on IP-specific designs.
- Ensures effective solution delivery using effective project management techniques.
- Performs service migration activities of IP customers on request.
- Liaises with Enterprise Support service desks in fault isolation and performance-related issues. Performs capacity management routines to ensure links are fully optimized and right-sized.
- Network management and IP service monitoring.
- Pro-active escalation, follow-through liaison with appropriate departments to resolve technical issues which may impact delivery timescales or quality.
- Creation of contingency plans to minimize service issues.
- Support in Managing & interacting with chosen Intentional ISPs & carriers
- Interacting with partners and Vendors concerning IP-related issues – Ericsson, Huawei, Aviat, Cisco, etc.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in ISP and Carrier networks domain with at least 2 years’ experience in an area of IP & Internet network – Planning.
- At least three years’ experience of IP services on Cisco or Juniper equipment.
- Good operations support skills and self starter.
- Sound knowledge of Carrier & Enterprise Network – Planning & Operations.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent IP. MPLS and routing knowledge in an ISP environment.
- Excellent Cisco hardware and IOS knowledge.
- General knowledge of telecom industry and standards.
- Excellent English language skills a must, other languages an advantage.
- Logical decision making abilities.
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business.
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on SLAs.
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners.
- Self-motivated with good organizational and communication skills.
- Calm and productive under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and organized approach to work.
- Efficient and productive with good time management skills.
- Proven ability to meet internal and external deadlines.