9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS to provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services, and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
Manager, Ran Rollout Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Manager, Ran Rollout
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Manager, Ran Rollout Job Details
- Coordinate the delivery of all RAN rollout projects and implementation activities within the region to ensure projects are delivered on time and to right quality.
- Proactively highlight and proffer solutions to failings that may cause or lead to blockage and or delay in the RAN Projects prior to occurrence.
- Responsible for the delivery of all RAN implementation projects and activities in the region through the regional implementation team. [Projects include 2G/3G/4G sites, links (new or upgrade), Enterprise projects, Fibre and others]
- Provide regular updates and inputs for forecasting, planning & tracking of site build and rollout progress
- Gather required documentation and information for the management of on sites deployment across the region, resolve issues (radio, core and transmission) when requested to do so and provide solutions by liaising with other units in the technical department
- Investigate issues with vendors where delays are continuously blocking progress and report status to management for resolution.
- Prepare status reports on vendor activities, gather data and provide up-to-date reports for management use.
- Visit major EMTS sites, RNCs BSCs, BTSs and Node Bs, cross-checking technical designs and drawings for conformity ensuring the reliability of delivery without blocking points arising in the implementation and contract process by working as a liaison between affected departments.
- Ensure vendors have not missed items in the BoQ that may affect the planned progress on the RAN and highlight potential blocking points in the BoQ which could lead to serious delays of the RAN.
- Ensure that projects in the region are executed to contract terms.
- Report potential unforeseen delays of the RAN progress status to the Radio, Core and Transmission Teams
- Proactive in foreseeing major and minor blocking points ahead of the scheduled plan, proffer solutions on identified problems and agree with the vendor(s) on ways to ensure all RAN and related projects are delivered on time.
- Ensure strict compliance with company policies and procedures, SHE requirements on all implementation projects at all times by the regional rollout team and vendors
- Ensure the compliance of all regional rollout implementation activities with relevant Legal & Environmental Regulatory requirements in line with EMTS Environmental Management System. Keep relevant environmental compliance records& EMS implementation records.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, RAN Rollout.
- First Degree from a recognized University
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years of work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- Network Equipment Installation
- Network Planning and Design
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specification.
- Influencing and Negotiation
- People Management
- Project Management.
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.