MTN Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees by providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises.
Manager – Regional Sales Job Surmmary
JOB TITLE: Manager – Regional Sales
JOB LOCATION: MTN Towers, Plot 22 Hannington Road, Kampala, Central Uganda, UG
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Manager – Regional Sales Job Details
Main Job Functions:
- Achieve Regional sales targets (Prepaid Revenue, Quality Prepaid Gross Connections, electronic Airtime Sales %, Retail Universe outlets, Devices and Digital revenues).
- Achieve savings on allocated Subscriber Acquisition Costs and promotion activities for the channel partner.
- Achieve sales expansion and retail penetration targets by identifying, appointing and monitoring distribution partners (distributors, recharge outlets, activation outlets, prepaid touch points) in new and existing areas.
- Prepare Channel & Distribution strategy
- Develop and grow MTN’s retail universe through franchisee and routes to market.
- Ensure MTN’s trade channel remains a competitive advantage in terms of depth, breadth, customer experience and branding
- Oversee stock planning, forecasting and analysis for distribution and regional warehouses
- Coordinate overall supply chain in the regions for all distribution channel partners
- Manage the implementation and execution of Merchandising and brand visibility regionally
- Business Intelligence use and application for distribution optimization.
- Deploy Regional staff to achieve departmental and Organizational objectives.
- Execute and monitor MTN Brand initiatives through Retail outlets and to ensure that high standards are maintained.
- Review procedures, policies and workflows of Channels and distribution department.
- Deliver sales target for all products by executing the distribution strategy at the channel-partner level
- Plan promotional activities for channel partners
- Track channel specific schemes and launches
- Provide inputs and coordinate with network team to drive better utilization of technology roll out and expansion in the regions.
- Keep employee-retention and motivation levels high through regular reviews of performance of Territory managers, retailers.
- Ensure best practices training and sound coaching to Territory Managers and distribution partners to enhance overall effectiveness.
- Achievement of expansion targets through greater penetration and geographical expansion
- Develop the MTN Retail experience in MTN channel outlets.
- Manage the MTN Customer Experience blueprints throughout the trade and retail environments
- Ensure stock levels and availability are maintained above set criteria
- Promote and ensure compliance with (MTN policies, processes and procedures, overall objectives of the organization, regulatory & legal)
- Maintain professional working relationship with management, cross functional personnel, as well as industry partners.
- Perform any other function as may be delegated by the Senior Manager Regional Operations
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, and Competencies)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other related field
- 3 years relevant work experience in sales and distribution in a telecom company or service industry
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in Retail/Channel Development, Business analysis, and product evaluation
- Prior experience in marketing analytics for telecommunications or FMCG is desirable
- Hands-on approach to work.
- Good knowledge of sales and retail Industry trends, best practice retail.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Power point skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Exemplary Planning and Time Management skills
- Retail Training/Channel/Distribution Management
- Brand Management / Brand Marketing training
- Knowledge of Retail / Dealer environment setting.
- Dealer structure methodologies
- Channel Development strategies
- Organisational skills.
- Results Oriented
- Strong Business acumen
- Business process optimisation
- High levels of computer literacy
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and action
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Possess a valid driver’s license with driving experience of more than two years.
25 February 2022