MTN Group Limited is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European, and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg. MTN recorded 232.6 million subscribers, making it the eighth largest mobile network operator in the world, and the largest in Africa.
Manager – Technology Compliance and Analytics.Risk and Compliance Job Surmmary
JOB TITLE: Manager – Technology Compliance and Analytics.Risk and Compliance
JOB LOCATION: MTN plaza, Ikoyi, Lagos State, South West Region, 101233, NG
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Manager – Technology Compliance and Analytics.Risk and Compliance Job Details
- Support the development and implementation of IT compliance analytics solutions and standards and review the adequacy and effectiveness of implemented IT controls.
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of existing technology policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as an effective second line of defense through the execution of technology compliance analytics and modeling.
- Build relevant tools to perform technology compliance analytics to provide insights for decision making and corrective action.
- Perform regular monitoring of relevant IT control systems and recommend improvements
- Review MTNN’s data privacy and protection policies and procedures to ensure compliance with NDPR, GDPR and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Support MTNN’s Data Protection Compliance Organizations during the statutory audit of the company’s privacy and data protection practices
- Ensure compliance with NITDA regulation on the timely submission of data protection audit reports
- Implement appropriate strategies for monitoring MTNN’s technology assets to ensure adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements, policies, and Data privacy regulations.
- Undertake investigations on cases of non-compliance with applicable laws, regulations and standards, and seek ways to resolve issues that arise due to non-compliance
- Report on results of monitoring and testing activities to the Senior Manager, Compliance and assist with other reporting as required
- Assess the effectiveness of MTN’s compliance monitoring and testing programs and provide recommendations on improvements.
- Serve as advisor to IT and other business units on relevant IT compliance strategies and consult on compliance issues regarding user built/ managed systems
- Keep abreast of existing and emerging technology-related regulations and processes and discuss emerging compliance issues with management
- Review the impact of IT projects/initiatives to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- First degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other related fields
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification or similar qualification would be an added advantage
- Certification in data analytics and Big data would be an added advantage
Experience: Minimum 6 – 13 years experience which includes:
- Minimum of 5 years’ of combined IT experience with a broad range of exposure to IT Governance, IT audit, compliance and systems analysis
- Proficiency in data analytics
- Experience reviewing the design of IT solutions
- Experience in scripting and performing in-depth data analysis
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework
- Knowledge and experience of leading compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practices
3 March 2022