Alpha Mead Group is a Total Real Estate Solutions Company established to provide robust business support services to local and international Real Estate investors or owners with interests in Facilities Management, Real Estate Development and Advisory, Security Systems and Technologies, Training, Healthcare Management, and Real Estate Financing Services.
Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP) Engineer Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP) Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP) Engineer Job Details
- Prepare and review mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP)designs for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Prepare plans, details, specified and cost estimated of plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and general piping system
- Provide technical advice to Value Engineer, supervisor, and contracting service provider, regarding the installation and maintenance of the MEP System.
- Analyse Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
- Prepare and review costing (quotations, tenders, and B.O.Qs) for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing aspects – as the need arises.
- Provide MEP budget/cost estimates (viability appraisals) for projects.
- Carry out value engineering exercises on proposed designs and costs.
- Monitor and control project cost estimates and ensure that the right specification in line with approved designs is deployed on the projects.
- Review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to Head, Development Planning & Control with appropriate comments/approval within the specified contractual period (normally 10 working days).
- Review contractor’s mechanical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers to ensure engineering coordination and advise the Head, Development Planning & Control accordingly.
- Undertake general project site observation/inspection of the mechanical services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, and construction schedule.
- Undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
- Undertake a prior review of the Contractor’s proposed mechanical system testing & commissioning methods
- Oversee on-site piped system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing, and other testing that may be required during the first fix works and advise the Head, Development & Planning accordingly.
- Attend project, site progress, and any mechanical services-related technical meetings as directed by the project manager.
- Provide advice to the Head, Development Planning & Control regarding any mechanical services related to variable costs that may be claimed by the Contractor during the works
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Head, Development and Planning.
- B.Sc. degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 4 cognate years of construction experience with working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Knowledge of ELV systems
- Construction procedures and practices
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent coordination experience
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple stakeholders on a daily basis.
- A highly self-motivated, ambitious individual
- A person with a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
- High energy and action oriented with professional presence
- Knowledge of building systems, energy technologies, green building and high-performance design
- Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive, and client-focused
- Knowledge of MEP construction and subcontracting (electrical and controls preferred)
- Excellent report writing.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency, performance contracting, commissioning, BIM or green building is a strong plus
- Proven attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.