Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years and now spans 16 countries across the African continent. Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading-edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Officer, Tax Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Officer, Tax Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers
JOB LOCATION: Lagos Island, Lagos
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Officer, Tax Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Job Details
- Responsible for Tax Administration.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Process regulatory remittances such as Income tax, WHT, Pensions, VAT, PAYE & NHF within the required internally set timelines.
- Obtain and maintain a record of relevant receipts for all statutory remittances promptly and ensure an adequate filing system for ease of reference during reviews and audits
- Liaise with relevant parties on tax-related issues and handle queries relating to tax audit/ issues.
- Maintain constant liaison with the bank account officers to ensure a seamless working relationship
- Computation of monthly income tax payable for accrual as well as computation of final self-assessment, filing and settlement.
Develop good strategies for improved operational efficiency of the Unit:
- Adherence to policies especially in relation to expense and asset authorization.
Continuous Digitization & Innovation:
- Identify and ensure the automation of manual processes
- Reduction of process turnaround time
- Drive the improvement of customer experience within our channels
- Drive innovation initiatives
- New innovative ideas as approved by the ideas team
- Process automation >= 90%
- 30% improvement in process turnaround time
- 10% improvement in Internal Service Survey ratings
- Excellent level of resolution/elimination of known pain points.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Business Commerce / Accounting
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience.
- Working knowledge of SAP FI will be an advantage
- Computer skills – proficient in the use of Microsoft office
- Excellent technical tax knowledge.