Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria.
We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development program and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Principal Cost Engineer Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Principal Cost Engineer
Reference ID: R60728
JOB LOCATION: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Projects
Business unit: Projects and Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Principal Cost Engineer Job Details
- We’re seeking someone who’s an expert in cost management and contracting within the oil and gas sector.
- Here’s a role that will develop and grow your professional and personal skills, with the chance to make a real difference within a supportive, positive company.
Where you fit in:
- In Projects & Engineering, we believe that an inclusive and diverse workplace is essential to our future
- success. The role sits within the SWO (Shallow Water Offshore) Project Services Team, reporting to the SWO Project Services Manager (PSM). The role is supported from a discipline perspective through the Manager Project Services, Nigeria.
What’s the Role?
- As a Principal Cost Engineer, you will have the full responsibility for the establishment, maintenance, and delivery of the cost engineering activity for the Shallow Water Projects. You will support SWO Project Services Manager in leading cost engineering support for all SWO projects in the portfolio.
- Your main responsibility is to deliver standard, consistent, and robust cost management frameworks and procedures to projects in the Shallow Water Portfolio of projects.
Your Further Accountabilities
- Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for major, complex projects.
- Roll-out of the company standard tools and processes, as appropriate for each project’s life cycle development & execution phase.
- Develop and implement project cost and schedule management plan.
- Implementation of cost breakdown structures (CBS) and their population from the estimate.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and document Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the company guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
- Provide project guidance for creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities For Expenditure (AFEs).
- Develop and implement the change management process for projects. Provide guidance on trend analysis and the assessment of change impacts on cost.
- Develop and implement Earned Value Management process consistently across projects/sub-projects.
- Participate in peer reviews and other assurance events.
- Contribute to the development of junior staff through coaching and training in cost engineering practices, tools and techniques.
- Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
- Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
- Drive and raise awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases.
What did We need From You?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with at least 10-15 years of working experience in cost engineering roles, cost management, cost control, and preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management Scientist, or equivalent. Alongside this, we’d hope to see many of the following on your CV:
- Strong offshore and project engineering experience
- Experience in full responsibility for establishing, managing, and delivering the project services activities.
- Knowledgeable in using Microsoft applications and cost management tools.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the link below to apply online.
|Job Category||Engineering Jobs|