Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve center of Nigeria.
The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G, and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, and enterprise services.
Project Manager OFC Deployment Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Project Manager OFC Deployment Manager
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
JOB TYPE: Full-time -Mid-Senior level
Project Manager OFC Development Job Details
- The role holder will Plan, Direct and Deploy all Identified Network Projects and Programs to ensure High Speed of Time to Market.
- This role must guarantee synergy, effective and efficient resource utilization, cost optimization and Return on investments to deliver on Business goals and +1 Network experience.
- Support fiber rollout to ensure strict timelines are met and quality delivery.
- Coordinate 3rd party vendors and ensure quality fiber deployments.
- Coordinate active equipment installation and integration to the LIVE OFC network.
- In depth knowledge of Fiber Optics cabling and ability to supervise OSP projects.
- Strict adherence and full implementation to set or established technical specification by the operator for OFC Deployment.
- Strict adherence and implementation of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) policies of the company. Restoration of site to its original state after the project and most importantly keeping the environment clean after working.
- Daily, weekly submission of snag reports during implementation which will form part of the criteria to be used in benchmarking contractor’s performance.
- Generation of site Audit reports after the project completion as a tool for cutting down on expense i.e. jobs not executed in the PO would not be paid for.
- Conduction of both the pre & final civil acceptance test in line with the industry standards.
- Determine scope, budget and schedules for OSP projects
- Coordinate project schedules
- Create and implement technical inspection and quality assurance procedures.
- Develop, design tools and methodology for fiber optic cables
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to secure ROW and other approvals.
- Adhere to the departmental process which is aligned with the PMI process for all site materials delivery and integration.
- Adhere strictly to regulatory and all statutory permissions required for site rollout
- Suggest new ideas for Improving Fiber rollout and OFC subcontractor performance to ensure regular follow-up and objective measurements.
- Track and Follow-up on material delivery and usage on the routes
- Ensure and coordinate various activities with Supply Chain Management for Warehousing & Dispatching of network element to specific locations.
- Developing a win-win relationship by setting common goals and objectives.
Education & Experience
- University Degree or HND in Engineering.
- Professional qualification in Project Management Techniques.
- Minimum of 5 years of Fiber Optics Deployment experience. 6-8 years’ experience in the Telecom sector
- At least 2 years of project management experience in similar role.
- Good knowledge of transmission networks.
- Experience in Fiber Optic Deployment, troubleshooting and general understanding of Fiber Optic cable design and theory.
- Experience of managing multiple complex Network projects simultaneously
- Evidence of successful project delivery with wide geographical spread
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong Numeric skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Business Acumen
- Eye for details
- Environmental Knowledge
- Communication skills
- Project management
- Process Quality.