Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria.
We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Project Manager – Oil & Gas Development
JOB TITLE: Project Manager – Oil & Gas Development
JOB LOCATION: Abuja, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Projects
Business unit: Projects and Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
Ref No: R60725
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Project Manager – Oil & Gas Development Job Details
Where you fit in:
- Shell’s Projects and Technology (P&T) business supports the company’s operated and non-operated assets, safely improving performance and raising the bar being a responsible operator.
- We use our technical, commercial and digital skills to competitively optimize production and we replicate technologies across the portfolio.
- As Project Manager, you will be a member of the Shallow Offshore Projects Leadership Team and will directly manage Shell’s HA projects involving Platform Jackets and Topsides Fabrication/Integration, Floating Systems, Offshore Construction, Pipelines/Mooring, Engineering, Project Controls, and Contracting.
What’s the Role?
- In this role, you will manage the Shell’s HA Development (an emerging Flagship Project in the HA Hub) that will develop gas, oil and condensate in the HA field located in OML 77 in Nigeria’s Shallow Offshore.
Your Further Accountable
- Assure effective project management and provide clear advice/instructions to the multi-disciplined project leadership team.
- Assure effective project management and provide clear advice/ instructions to the multi-disciplined project leadership team
- Support the Project Manager, Shallow Offshore Projects to deliver a competitive (cost and schedule) project.
- Integrate other functional areas (construction management, asset holders, drilling, subsurface, etc.) into a single technical delivery organization.
- Develop and finalize the project execution and quality plan.
- Review project costs and schedule estimates and participate in the development of the control cost and schedule.
- Deliver the HA Project on schedule, safely and within budget.
- Jointly accountable with Wells Delivery Manager to deliver all th.e HA wells required to meet production promises.
- Develop project strategies, direction and performance for the HA Oil & Gas Development in accordance with Shell requirements and policies.
- Manage the PTU interface and ensure seamless transfer of the HA Opportunity from concept select phase (Decision Gate 3) into Execution and eventual handover to the Asset Team.
- Manage the interface with the Financial and Commercial Functions to ensure that project execution matches the maturation of financing solution and commercial agreements.
- Develop and implement project management and health check systems including interface, risk/opportunity, permits and consents, cost, schedule/progress, Quality, HSE (HSE MS, HSE Case, Goal Zero), Global Processes and Monitoring/ Reporting. Apply these through design and construction phases to demonstrate Technical Integrity.
- Develop contracting strategy and tender documents for the HA project scope and manage contract delivery. Lead the selection of the design and execution contractor(s).
- Manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders (NAPIMS / NNPC; State Government representatives; NCDMB, and Contractor Management).
- Jointly accountable with Asset Manager and Sustainable Development & Community Relations Manager to deliver performance on SCD, EISHA and Security for effective project delivery.
- Manage Operations Readiness & Assurance for the HA asset to enable the Asset Team take over operation & maintenance of the plants by full implementation of Project to Asset Handover processes, including early identification, training, involvement and integration of future operators.
- Commission all systems for the HA Project.
- Develop contingency plans; resolve conflicts; set priorities based on trade-offs.
- Will house the offshore Construction center of excellence across the Shallow Water portfolio.
What We Need From You?
- We’re keen to hear from Individuals who graduated from any Engineering discipline and who are COREN registered with working knowledge of oil and gas facilities and Project engineering systems, tools and practices.
Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in engineering design and construction with at least 5 years in a project lead position.
- Knowledge of Digital Project Management and Requirements Engineering.
- Extensive Project management experience and skills – Minimum GPES Lv2, with proven record of leading similar projects.
- Experience in Contract management.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills with good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Team player, acting as a champion to break new grounds, self-motivated starter.
- Can manage as required the relationship with key stakeholders to achieve projects’ objectives.
- Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with development and production of oil and gas.
- Proven track record of results delivery in challenging project environments.
- Capable of rigorously implementing and enforcing global standards, procedures and engineering work processes.
Skills and competencies such as:
- Skills in managing Strategic and Front-end Processes.
- Project Execution
- Resource & Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Project Control Processes
- Project Context
- Contracting and Procurement
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the link below to apply online.
|Job Category||Business Management Jobs|