Risk & Compliance Officer Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Risk & Compliance Officer
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Financial Services
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Risk & Compliance Officer Job Details
The Risk & Compliance Officer will oversee the risk management and compliance functions to identify, measure, assess, and mitigate internal and external risks that may hinder the organization from achieving its strategic objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design a robust risk management strategy, set risk appetite levels, and further define risk limits
- Monitoring of various fund risk, and ensuring appropriate controls and mitigants are in place
- Rendition of reports to the Security and Exchange Commission and various rating agencies
- Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking and heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training programs and coaching
- Monitoring of portfolio reports for all mutual fund’s investment, to ensure alignment with risk limits and mark to market rates.
- Liaise with regulators, trade associations, and various compliance forums for awareness into industry trends.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations to avoid sanctions and fines for regulatory breaches
- Oversee the creation and dissemination of risk reports to relevant stakeholders
- Coordination of audit exercises and ensure the timely closure of audit recommendations.
- Training staff members on AML/CFT and other regulatory subjects.
Job Requirements and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business administration, or Legal (Master’s Degree is an additional advantage)
- Local and international certifications in risk management is an added advantage
- Experience in the use of ERP accounting software packages
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Deadline: March 18, 2022