Senior Manager Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager
JOB LOCATION: Opco
Senior Manager Job Details
- The SM: FiberCo will be responsible to coordinate, oversee, support and provide business partnering services to the FiberCo Opco HR teams.
- The role will also be responsible to oversee and support the planning and managing Human Resource operation activities to maximize the strategic utilization of human resources
- The role will support thetalent acquisition process for FiberCo and also support the in interviewing staff and on boarding, administering total rewards for GlobalConnect (if applicable), benefits and recognition, ensuring the compliance with company policies
- The SM will work with other team members within GlobalConnect HR team and the FiberCo BU to provide the required support to the Opco FiberCo HR teams and also manage the Rewards & payroll activities for GlobalConnect
The SM: FiberCo (HR Partner) will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
Strategy Development and Implementation
– Cascade the HR strategy to FiberCo Opcos aligned with the overarching business goals, under the oversight of GlobalConnect CHRO
– Oversee regular review of the HR strategy and roadmap, under the oversight of the CHRO, to ensure its alignment with the changing dynamics of the internal and external ecosystem
– Participate and provide input in strategic meetings
– Provide inputs & drive HR programs & initiatives in the FiberCo Opcos, elicit inputs from relevant parties
– Provide inputs to and ensure adequate risk mitigation and controls in the function
– Perform evaluation baseline of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and KPIs
– Drive preparation of proposals/ business cases on change initiatives SLA, policies, and procedures
– Escalate issues that will result in severe time, scope, productivity, and cost or resource impact to the CHRO
– Manage and provide solutions to escalations that have multiple processes/functions impact on the critical path of service delivery
– Review and finalize objectives, targets, and budgets for the function, under the oversight of CHRO
– Review key risks, issues, and dependencies and set mitigation actions, seeking guidance from the CHRO as and when required
– Sign-off / make decisions regarding tactical changes and where required seek sign-off from Management
– Monitor performance and alignment with overall FiberCo OpCo HR strategy
– SLA approval and exception performance review
– Report on a monthly basis to the CHRO relating to progress made within the function and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the organization
– Report on an ad hoc basis on specific projects, as required
– Manage project initiative budgets in line with business objectives, under the oversight of MD/CEO
– Ensure that the cost of operations are managed, in line with a least-cost operating strategy stemming from the business drivers, under the oversight of the CHRO
Strategic Advisory – FiberCo
– Drive the strategic plan of HR operations in collaboration with FiberCo Opco HR heads
– Coordinate and support activities including compensation and benefits, employee relations, recruitment, HR business partnership, and HRIS.
– Manage FiberCo related manpower planning and budgeting for the company personnel costs and HR Operation department OPEX and CAPEX.
– Maintain awareness of changes in employment law, government policy, and the emergence of best practices using this to ensure that external services provided for company staff health are managed effectively and deliver excellent services for the employees.
Talent Acquisition, Recruitment & On-boarding
– Support and where applicable manage the process of recruitment and onboarding for FiberCo.
– Oversee & manage the recruitment process while ensuring adherence to respective policies and procedures/Global Talent Standards
– Administer the recruitment cost (OPEX) in addition to recruitment budget management.
– In collaboration with Opco HR teams, advertise vacancies through official channels, perform shortlisting, manage e-recruitment on hirevue, share results, arrange and conduct interviews in collaboration with concerned teams and consolidate and share feedback to obtain needed approvals.
– Supervise selection criteria and prioritization of applicants.
– Oversee the process of conducting reference, qualifications, and MIE checks appropriately.
– Prepare and submit the company offer to the selected candidate (where applicable)
– Coordinate with in-country Opco HR teams for local hires & recruitment activities
– Providing professional support and advice on recruitment issues to Line/ departmental Managers.
– In collaboration with the HR Operations team design and manage the onboarding programme for new joiners, prepare invitations, materials, and logistics with concerned parties.
FiberCo Opco – People Transition & Change Management
– Manage and Lead the people transition activities for new FiberCo Opco go-lives Coordinate with Opco HR teams for the identification and transfer of employees to FiberCo
– Coordinate & socialize the FiberCo organization structure with Opco HR teams and other stakeholders as required
– Manage the organization blueprint & structures for the FiberCo Opco launch
– Maintain overall headcount and staff cost budget for FiberCo Opco rollouts in line with overall budgets and management decisions
– Provide change management oversight and support to the FiberCo Opcos
– Collaborate with Opco HR teams to ensure a smooth and seamless transition to the FiberCo entity with regard to impacted employees
– Ensure transition of people and HR go-live activities are completed in line with the overall project timelines
– Ensure local Opco support and adherence to local Opco labor laws and regulations during transfer/ transition
– Oversee onboarding of transitions/transferred employees to the new FiberCo entity
HR Business Partnership
– Ensure effective implementation of HR policies in the FiberCo Opcos, ensuring that all Opcos comply with the set policies
– Where applicable provide advisory support to ensure regional employment and labor guidelines, laws and regulations are duly complied with
– Provide inputs for training needs assessment and infusion of training programs in the FiberCo Opcos
– Support OD, Talent Performance & Learnings teams in GlobalConnect to drive initiatives with the Opco FiberCos
– Provide consolidation/ coordination support with FiberCo Opcos with regard to Organization Design, Performance Management, and Learning
– Provide guidance and support to FiberCo Opco HR teams and liaise with the GlobalConnect HR team internally
– Engage with GlobalConnect FiberCo business unit were required to support FiberCo Opco HR teams
- Degree / diploma in Human Resources / Personnel Management or related field
- MBA or Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources is advantageous
- English and Arabic (as advantage)
- Minimum 5 to 8 years relevant experience in a similar position with at least 3 years in a managerial role
- Experience in wholesale/infrastructure/B2B Telecommunications sector/ industry will be advantageous
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding emerging market
- Proven experience in HR Operations, Rewards & Payroll administration & operational business partnering
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding emerging markets
- Knowledge of local labour laws and employee regulations
- Worked across diverse culture and geographies.
- HR policies and procedures
- Manpower Planning & Budgeting
- Recruitment & Onboarding
- HR Operations and Service delivery
- Rewards, Recognition & Reporting
- Pay structure & employee taxation
- Business Partnering
- Relationship/People management
- Analytics & interpretation
- Project management
- Conflict management
- Continuous improvement
- Delivery focused
- Relationship building
|Job Category||Business Management Jobs|