Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
Senior Programme Coordinator, Communications Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Senior Programme Coordinator, Communications
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
JOB TYPE: contract
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Contract Length: 18 months
Reports to: Head of Programmes
Competency Level: 2
Senior Programme Coordinator, Communications Job Details
About the Role
- The role will manage the strategic and social behavior change communications efforts of the Nigeria country programme.
- The role holder will lead the development and execution of the strategic communications strategy of the country programme (including large-scale institutional donor-funded projects), ensuring to raise Christian Aid’s profile among key stakeholders in Nigeria, support the policy and advocacy priorities and facilitating sustainable behavior change to support individual programme objectives.
- The role manages to brand, serves as a spokesperson for the organization where required, and provides technical guidance and oversight for the inclusion of behavior change programming across the three programme areas – Health and Human Development, Democracy and Good Governance and Humanitarian and Sustainable Livelihoods.
- The role holder will also provide technical support for campaigns, awareness-raising, and support to partners.
- You are required to have a Degree or its equivalent in Mass Communication, Development Communication, Social Sciences or its equivalent.
- You must have good editorial skills, high proficiency in written/spoken English and the ability to translate complexities into material that is compelling, jargon-free, and accessible.
- You must have significant working experience in a similar position with an INGO.
- You must have excellent time and project management skills, coupled with a high level of multi-tasking and situational awareness.
- You are required to have a basic understanding of document and database management.
- You must be proficient with all MS applications- Intermediate to advanced level.
- You must have substantial knowledge of supporting programmes and program staff in international and national agencies.
- Good interpersonal, communication and team-building skills are essential for this role.
1st May 2022.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, religion or belief.
- Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behavior including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
|Job Category||IT Jobs|