Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
JOB TITLE: Social Media Manager
JOB LOCATION: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Social Media Manager, your role will be to support Jumia in developing its brand across SoMe channels (Instagram, FB, YouTube, Twitter, and TikTok).
- You will leverage and develop Jumia’s community of influencers. You will execute our content strategy across all SoMe, designing posts that generate engagement. Ultimately, your goal will be to contribute to positioning Jumia as a relevant and engaging brand, associated with trendy content and positive conversations.
- Thus, you will be at the core of the Jumia brand-building strategy. You will need to be extremely tuned to trends, and influencers, and generally speaking be completely passionate about Social Media.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and execute quality content aiming to improve Jumia’s content quality.
- Make checks on all our SoMe on a daily basis
- Plan content weekly to ensure posts generate the right level of engagement
- Collaborate with the graphics team to ensure quality visuals for your content
- Be ahead of the curve for all the viral trends
- Trending products, challenges, reposts, videos, etc….
- Share best practices across countries
- Generate weekly plans and reports to improve KPIs
- Monitor implementation and scale-up Jumia’s relationship with influencers
- Ensure growth on # influencers participating in Jumia’s campaigns
- Assess the quality of the influencers and emulate the community
- Frequently interact with them to ensure they are excited to work with Jumia
- Monitor the impact of their posts on KPIs and steer performance
- Scale the # orders driven through influencers
KPIs to evaluate success:
- Number of influencers and number of orders driven from their content
- Average Engagement on IG, FB, and Twitter
- Daily Active Users driven from social platforms
- Routine compliance (weekly report, weekly content plan, monthly planning with influencers, weekly CMO review)
Qualification & Experience
- Must have 5-6 years of Agency experience
- Passion for social media scene and trends
- Fast learning abilities and analytical skills
- Previous experience with social media (eg working in an agency) is a plus
- Well-organized and able to simultaneously handle multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills in English, and willingness to be immersed in a very international and entrepreneurial environment.
Pay: Openly Negotiable.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact on building the African eCommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Deadline: not specified.
|Job Category||Advertising/ Social Media/ Marketing/ PR|