9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS to provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services, and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
Specialist, Business Support Systems (BSS) Job Summary
JOB TITLE: Specialist, Business Support Systems (BSS)
Job ID: IRC4503
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Specialist, Business Support Systems (BSS) Job Details
- This role undertakes the operations of the relevant Business Support Systems (BSS)covering all environments; Production, Test and Disaster Recovery to ensure adequate maintenance, operation and improvement of the entire BSS components and related software stack to achieve the required quality of service and service levels.
- The role focuses on mainly on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), KYC solution and Mobile Number Portability (MNP) systems but is required to have knowledge of and would be required to work on other BSS solutions, Provisioning, Middleware, Mediation and related systems.
- The Convergent Billing System (CBS) is excluded from the scope of the BSS solutions.
- Participate and contribute to the development and maintenance of the IT Strategy and IT Operating model
- Enforce BSS-related processes and procedures.
- Provide input on BSS Operations to other relevant IT processes and procedures.
- Provides advisory services to IT Senior Management on BSS and operations
- Support BSS architecture design and optimization and BSS integration with Operations Support Systems (OSS) and the CBS
- Support project planning and execution within the BSS domain
- Drive continual enhancements and improvements to the BSS and processes for business benefits.
- Guide IT to optimal value creation using trending, analysis and benchmarking capabilities.
- Drive for the attainment of agreed service levels for the BSS Operations and related KPIs
- Liaise with revenue management in ensuring business revenue is secure with appropriate interventions where there are business exposures.
- Support Performance Management unit in Contract Management, Vendor Management & Service Level Management related to assigned BSS services.
- Monitor the assigned BSS application services for availability, performance in line with agreed Service Levels, overall health check of underlying system processes, capacity in line with licensing and business requirements, batch jobs monitoring/management.
- Carry out trend analysis, root cause analysis, known error establishment, and creation of Change Requests, Incidents and Problem tracking and escalation, resolution, and closure, user administration, License Management & Administration, and service reporting for the assigned BSS applications.
- Contribute to regular health check service to provide comprehensive BSS application status information for the assigned systems to aid the identification of potential issues and bottlenecks and forestall any events that may affect the availability, performance, and security of the application.
- Analyze and diagnose the resource utilization trends and problems associated with the application processes and tuning the assigned BSS application environment, collaborating with IT Performance & Capacity Management functions to achieve and/or maintain the agreed Service Levels.
- Ensure proper documentation of the assigned BSS operating environments and storage into the knowledge management system for purposes of knowledge management and business continuity.
- Manage the inquiry and request handling service in fulfilling standard and ad-hoc service requests related to the assigned BSS.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop and periodically update a standard recovery procedure for the operation to follow when a disaster occurs.
- Contribute to ensuring the adequacy of the available Disaster Recovery (DR) infrastructure of the assigned BSS to either maintain operation functions at an interim minimal survival level and/or re-establish full-scale operations at a state of normal operation level if possible.
- Participate in the periodic disaster recovery drills for services involving the assigned BSS as planned and executed by the IT Business Continuity team
- Ensure all system and non-system processes required to guarantee a successful transfer of services between primary and DR sites are operational and working as planned.
- Implement a system to validate the integrity of replication and all DR processes/services between the primary and DR sites and provide periodic reports to IT Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Sciences from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Strong customer-centricity is required.
- 4 to 6 years of combined experience work experience in CRM, MNP and other BSS operations with role no less than half of those in an IT/Telecoms environment is strongly required.
- Experience with IT resource planning, task prioritization, budget/cost control. Strong ability to process data and extract actionable insights.
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes in the mobile telecommunications industry; possesses a broad-based operational perspective and provides solutions.
- Experience in working/negotiating through complex issues and providing alternative solutions.
- Good and demonstrable knowledge of & experience in IT Service Management in general and IT Operations specifically is required.
- Highly developed business communications skills (verbal and written), good team player, change agent, strategic and creative, excellent relationship management skills, and the ability to drive performance, the consensus from all areas within the company.
|Job Category||IT Jobs|