MTN Group Limited is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European, and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg. MTN recorded 232.6 million subscribers, making it the eighth largest mobile network operator in the world, and the largest in Africa.
Team Leader – Transmission Access Planning LSW.Network NG Job Surmmary
JOB TITLE: Team Leader – Transmission Access Planning LSW.Network NG
- Ibadan Switch Office, Ibadan, Oyo State, South West Region, NG
- Gop Falomo Car Park, Ikoyi, Lagos State, South West Region, NG
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Degree level: Bachelor’s Degree
Team Leader – Transmission Access Planning LSW.Network NG Job Details
- Oversee detailed microwave link engineering design using Pathloss planning tool.
- Oversee planning and design of Fiber infrastructure route and connectivity using google earth and AutoCAD planning tool.
- Produce detailed integration (L2, L3) and IPDCN plans for optical multiplexer and aggregation Nodes.
- Ensure detailed synchronization plans for last-mile links/sites are issued.
- Ensure IP networking plan and LLD are released optimally.
- Ensure IP plans are optimally assigned by continuously re-dimensioning IP Clusters and spheres in line with MTN PPP.
- Ensure optimal utilization and management of MTN Microwave Frequency channels and IP Compatible Nodes.
- To provide transmission engineering support and information timely and accurately.
- To ensure that accurate scope of work is issued to contractors to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Ensure Links and Nodes meet international & MTNN performance standards from capacity utilization and performance point of view.
- Optimize and manage transmission capacity end to end across the access network.
- Oversee Topology network designs (architecture) and capacity dimensioning.
- Develop work Authorization that contains accurate and relevant information.
- Analyze and determine the type of equipment to be used for transmission purposes.
- Resolve transmission failure and problems attributable to planning.
- Ensure availability of updated information on the Live and Planned Transmission Networks.
- Ensure customer insight management & engagement (traditional & new business)
- Conduct LOS Survey and TSS for new and existing BTS site and Enterprise Client locations within the assigned region of responsibility
- Prepare and compile weekly performance reports on the access network to support capacity planning and forecasting.
- Oversee planning, development & evolution of access Network elements and infrastructure.
- Ensure compilation, analysis and presentation of trend reports on access transmission network capacity, utilization and availability as well as mitigation action plans for any identified performance issues.
- Ensure all new node and service Implementation work undertaken by vendors meets MTN Nigeria’s specifications and standards.
- First degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Fluent in English
- 3 – 7 years experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with a team
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in Electrical radio engineering, microwave radio transmission at high frequencies and fibre optic transmission networks
- Experience in connectivity, route planning, IP planning technologies, topology, logical networks.
- Deep knowledge in IP technologies and techniques i.e. BGP, IGP, L2VPN, L3VPN, ISIS.
- Experience working in a Multi-vendor Transmission network environment i.e Ericsson, Aviat, Huawei, Cambridge Networks, Intracom, Redline.
- Advanced knowledge and application of Transmission technology evolution i.e. IPRAN, Converged Transport Network, IP/MPLS, DWDM, SDH, Carrier Ethernet.
- In-depth understanding of Transmission network topology planning, route planning, network connectivity, capacity and infrastructure planning.
- Project, process & people management.
02:59 PM 3 March 2022
|Job Category||Business Management Jobs|