Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for International Students in Netherlands 2022 – Applications for the University of Leiden Scholarship are currently ongoing and the portal is also open for all interested candidates who wish to apply for the Leiden Scholarship 2022.
On this page is all you need to know to successfully apply for the Leiden Scholarship 2022 program.
About Leiden University
Leiden University was founded in 1575 and is one of the leading international research universities in Europe.
The University has seven faculties and a campus in both Leiden and The Hague. Our motto is Praesidium Libertatis – Bastion of Freedom.
We distinguish five broad clusters of science areas and one overarching research theme.
Why You Should Study in Leiden University, Netherlands.
- Leiden offers a board choice of course
- The university is notable for having an active international students life.
- Ranked 71 in world University Rankings by times Higher Education, Leiden is a choice place of study
- Country: Netherland
- Institution: Leiden University
- Academic session: 2022
- Study type: Full Time
- Deadline: 1st Feb/ 1st oct.
Requirement for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
- Applicant must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education in a field relevant to the Master’s Programme for which they apply.
- As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note: proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness.
- Applicants must have a non non-EEA/non-EFTA* passport and may not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering) – with the exception of students applying for the LLM Advanced Studies programmes or the MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy, for which no nationality restrictions apply.
How to Apply for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
Interested candidates must first apply online for admissions to a Master’s program at Leiden University.
In this application, applicants must indicate clearly that they would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship section and upload a letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship.