Lil Durk’s Net Worth – Lil Durk is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter from Chicago. He is the lead member and founder of his own collective and record label, Only the Family.
About Lil Durk’s Early Life
Lil Durk was born on October 19, 1992, in Chicago, Illinois, to Dontay Banks. Not much is known about his mother.
Durk experienced a rather deprived childhood after his father was arrested and charged with crack-cocaine distribution in 1993. At the time Dontay Banks was arrested, Durk was only seven months old.
Lil Durk gained initial fame on social media platforms like YouTube and Myspace. As his social media channels garnered more following, Durk shifted his focus to rapping. He took his rapping career more seriously when he became a father at the age of 17.
But with no capital to launch his rapping career, Lil Durk decided to drop out of Paul Robeson High School and joined the Chicago-based street gang, the Black Disciples. And that’s when his troubles with the law began.
In October 2011, Lil Durk was sentenced to prison on charges of illegal firearm possession. Around the same time, Durk signed with Cheef Keef and French Montana’s labels, after which he now considered himself a full-time rapper. He went on to release two singles – Sneak Dissin and I’ma Hitta – which were generally well-received.
After serving a two-month prison sentence, Lil Durk bounced back to the rap scene and released his second mixtape titled I’m Still a Hitta.
He followed up with another mixtape on October 19, 2012, titled Life Ain’t No Joke, which would become one of his most commercially successful mixtapes to date. As of September 22, 2015, Life Ain’t No Joke had received more than 216,000 downloads on DatPiff alone.
Lil Durk’s Net Worth
Lil Durk is not only the lead member of the OTF rap collective. He is also the group’s richest member.
As of July 1, 2021, Durk had a net worth of $3 million. For comparison’s sake, the second-richest OTF group member, Memo600, has an estimated net worth of $1 million. Third-placed is Booka600 with an estimated net worth of $550,000. King Von comes in fourth with a net worth of $400,000, as of the time of his death on November 6, 2020.
Like all the other members of the OTF collective, Lil Durk has earned his millions from his long career as a rapper and songwriter.
The following are some of Durk’s most commercially successful musical projects to date:
• The single My Beyoncé (released on November 20, 2015) was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on June 5, 2017, having sold equivalent units amounting to over 500,000 copies
• The single Like Me off the Remember My Name album (released on December 7, 2016) has also been certified gold by the RIAA
• The single 3 Headed Goat off the mixtape Just Cause Y’all Waited 2 (released on May 8, 2020) debuted at #5 on the Billboard 200
• The mixtape Life Ain’t No Joke (released on October 19, 2012) had been downloaded more than 216,000 times on DatPiff by September 22, 2015
• The mixtape Just Cause Y’all Waited (released on March 29, 2018) charted at the numbers 57, 28, and 22 on the Billboard 200, the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, and the Rap Albums chart, respectively.
• The album Remember My Name (released on June 2, 2015) peaked at #14 on the Billboard 200 and sold 24,000 in its first week alone.
Details of Lil Durk’s
|Full Name:||Durk Derrick Banks|
|Popular Name:||Lil Durk|
|Birth Date:||October 19, 1992|
|Parents:||Dontay Banks, mother unknown|
|Siblings:||Dontay Banks Jr., also known as ‘D Thang’|
|Birth Place:||Chicago, Illinois|
|Education:||Paul Robeson High School|
|Children:||Angelo Banks and Bella Banks (from a relationship with Nicole Covone), Zayden Banks (by an unknown woman), Du’mier Banks (mother unknown), Skyler Banks (mother unknown), and Willow Banks (from his current relationship with India Royale)|
|Net Worth:||USD 3 million (as of July 1, 2021)|
|Source of Wealth:||Rapping, Singing, Songwriting, and Other Ventures|
|Height:||5′ 9″ (1.8 m)|
|Weight:||72 kg; In pounds: 158 lbs.|
Famous Quotes from Lil Durk
“I’m on the road to riches, it’s just a Lil traffic.”
My whole life has been nothing but pain, so if I tell you I love you I really do! I just have a hard time showing it, nobody never showed me.”
“So many people switched up on me, changed on me, crossed me, left me when they said they’ll be here for me, it’s all good though I promise.”
“Stay working. Stay busy. It should be motivation instead of downtime because downtime is like being depressed. It shouldn’t be like that.”
I hope you Enjoyed Reading this Article?
Please kindly leave a comment below!