NHIS registration Guide 2021 – The right National Health Insurance Scheme(NHIS) registration portal is http://www.nhis.gov.ng
Based on what our subscribers’ frequently asked questions we have been able to write this updated and complete registration guide for NHIS
See below the answers to your questions like;
- What are the requirements for NHIS registration 2021?
- How can I enroll for NHIS 2021?
- NHIS registration portal?
- Complete NHIS registration guide
- NHIS registration form pdf
- 1 About NHIS?
- 2 Do You Want to Stay Updated On NHIS Registration Guide
NHIS is short for National Health Insurance Scheme;
The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) is a body corporate established under Act 35 of 1999 Constitution by the Federal Government of Nigeria to improve the health of all Nigerians at an affordable cost
NHIS is to provide social health insurance in Nigeria where health care services of contributors are paid from the common pool of funds contributed by the participants of the Scheme.
It is a pre-payment plan where participants pay a fixed regular amount.
To read more about nhis CLICK HERE
In order to ensure that every Nigerian has access to good health care services, the National Health Insurance Scheme has developed various programmes to cover different segments of the society and these are:
NHIS Formal Sector
1.Formal Sector Social Health Insurance Programme
2. Mobile Health
3.Vital Contributors Social Health Insurance Programmes
NHIS Informal Sector
1.Tertiary Institution Social Health Insurance Programmes
2.Community Based Social Health Insurance Programmes
3.Public Private Partnership Social Health Insurance Programmes
2.Children Under five
For The NHIS Programme ‘Formal Sector’
The Formal Sector Social Health Insurance Programme is a social health security system in which the health care of employees in the Formal Sector is paid for from funds created by pooling the contributions of employees and employers.
The Formal Sector consists of the following:
- Public Sector
- Organized Private Sector
- Armed Forces, Police and other Uniformed Services
Employees of the public sector and organized private sector organizations employing ten (10) or more persons shall participate in the Programme.
Contributions are earnings-related. For public (Federal) sector programme, the employer pays 3.5% while the employee pays 1.75% of the employee’s consolidated salary. For the private sector programme and other tiers of Government, the employer pays 10% while the employee pays 5% representing 15% of the employee’s basic salary.
However, the employer may decide to pay the entire contribution. The employer may also undertake extra contributions for additional cover to the benefit package.
There shall be a processing/waiting period of ninety (90) days before a participant can access health care services.
Scope of Coverage
- The contributions paid cover health care benefits for the employee, a spouse and four (4) biological children below the age of 18 years.
- More dependants or children above the age of 18 are covered on the payment of additional contributions by the principal beneficiary as determined by NHIS.
- Principals are entitled to register four (4) biological children each, however, a spouse or a child cannot be registered twice.
To read more about National Health Insurance Scheme(NHIS) programmes follow this Link https://www.nhis.gov.ng/our-services/
How Can I Register for NHIS?
To register for NHIS is very easy; You just need to follow these three(3) simple steps.
- Download the NHIS registration form
- CLICK HERE to start your registration process or GOTO https://www.nhis.gov.ng
- Complete application form and SUBMIT!
The submit is in capital letter because it’s very important you don’t forget to submit.
Do You Want to Stay Updated On NHIS Registration Guide
Steps to Subscribe
- Click on the Link above ‘SUBSCIBE NOW‘
- Input your email then click ‘subscribe’
- Then go your email inbox and complete verification
Then you’ll receive all latest updates on this;
Also Apply for:
- NSCDC Ongoing Recruitment
- NFIU Recruitment
- NNRA Recruitment
- Npower Recruitment
- SunTrust Bank Recruitment
- Jumia Recruitment Vacancies
- NACA Shortlisted Candidates
- NIMASA Recruitment
- FMARD Recruitment
- Ogun State Recruitment Portal
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- Dangote Group Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- CBN Recruitment
- Diamond Bank Recruitment
- See Available WHO Jobs
- NHIS Job Recruitment
Make sure you leave a comment below and I promise to reply.
Conclusion: Help someone get this information by sharing it.
Careersafrik will not ask you money for any recruitment exercise but what we are committed to do is give you all the latest recruitment updates as it reaches us.