Permanent Residence in Canada – This is a tip on how you as a temporal resident of Canada can become a Permanent Resident. The Canada permanent residence process requires knowing if you’re eligible for permanent residence as well as meeting the set requirements.
With travel restrictions in Canada, Canadian permanent residence applications are still being accepted even though there are processing delays.
How to Apply for a Permanent Residence in Canada
Canada Permanent Residence Application:
1. Express Entry
This program is responsible for the management of permanent residence applications for immigrants. Those who can work in places lack the availability of experienced working Canadians. Express entry is one of the ways of securing a permanent residence
2. Business Immigration
This is also one of the pathways to securing a good job in Canada. The Immigration Program is targeted towards finding employment opportunities in Canada for immigrants who have experience in managing or investing in businesses.
3. Family Class Immigration
This sponsorship program is aimed at reuniting families in Canada. It is one of the ways to get a permanent residence in Canada. Citizens of Canada have the privilege to sponsor their family members to immigrate to Canada through several sponsorship programs.
4. Canadian Experience Class
This is an immigration program targeted to assist non-permanent foreign workers and students to apply their work experience and education towards their applications.
5. Provincial Nominee Program
This is a program for workers who have both skills, education, and work experience to add to the economy of Canadian territory. Usually, each of these provinces and territory has its own streams and programs for students, business men&women, experienced and non-experience workers
Are you eligible for permanent resident status?
How do you know if you are qualified for permanent residence in Canada?
Canadian Permanent Requirements & Resident Status
Eligible Candidates for express Entry will be evaluated by a score under the Comprehensive Ranking System. Not to worry, there are a few ways you can improve your comprehensive ranking system score so that you will be ranked higher for the Express Entry pool.
To be eligible for Canadian Permanent residence. You would be required to calculate your score in the Comprehensive Ranking System for Express Entry.
Improve your Comprehensive Ranking System Score
1. Language: The language ability is worth up to 260 Comprehensive Ranking System points for each candidate. Note that French and English are Canada’s official languages so improve your French and English classes to earn more points.
2. Work: more than three years of work experience would be an advantage for anyone who wants to improve his/her comprehensive ranking system points. Candidates currently working in Canada on a work permit stand a better chance because more points are available for this work and it is rewarded for each annual threshold up to five years.
3. Study: A student who’s studying in Canada before making an application for express entry has an advantage because having Canadian study experience can increase your score. Well, studying in Canada might have other perks too. You can get to experience state-of-the-art facilities, be it in terms of course design or accommodation. For instance, if you are planning to get into York University, you might be interested in knowing what york university housing offers.
4. Education: With more than one certificate like diplomas and degrees you may be able to attract more points under the education section. Candidates who are a few months away from completing a degree, diploma or certificate would have a chance of having their rank improved.
5. Spouse: Candidates with a spouse may have a better chance of improving their Comprehensive Ranking System score because the spouses’ level of education, language ability, and Canadian work experience may all be rewarded.
6. Job Offer: Having a job offer remains an important factor. There are so many online platforms where you may find employment opportunities especially if you’re not in Canada
Benefits of Becoming a Canadian Permanent Resident
1. Canadian politics; As a Citizen in Canada you have rights to freedom of speech and also to exercise your franchise. Citizens also have the right to vote and be voted for in an election, just like Stewart Kiff, an influential conservative in Canada was elected for his party recently. Gaining the most votes from his fellow members, he is now sitting on the Conservative Party of Canada’s National Constitution Committee.
2. High-grade jobs; you can also apply for federal jobs as a citizen which usually comes with benefits.
3. Dual citizenship; Canadian citizens are not required to choose Canada as their primary home country, but If applicable, they may apply for dual citizenship.
4. Taxes; Taxes are based on residency as opposed to citizenship. A Canadian citizen who decides to live elsewhere may not be required to pay Canadian taxes.
Don’t forget, Sharing is Caring; Please leave your questions in the comment section below.
If you find this post useful, please do not hesitate to share using the share button on any of the social media platforms.
- 10 Best Apps to Send Money to Nigeria
- University Of Miami Acceptance Rate
- Latest Step Up Scholarship | NBS Postgraduate Scholarship for Private Schools In Norwich
- Nigerian Army Shortlisted Shortlist
- Best Universities in Berlin Germany for Students
- Best Business Schools in Canada | Get a Business Degree in Canada
- Top 10 Undergraduate Scholarships in UK for International Students
- Top 10 Jobs For Analytic Thinkers | Just the Right Jobs for You