Sasakawa Postgraduate Studentships in Japanese Studies – at the University of Leeds 2022 is currently ongoing and the portal is also open for all interested candidates who wish to apply now.
About Sasakawa Postgraduate Studentships in Japanese Studies – at the University of Leeds 2022
As part of the five-year program designed to support the study of Japan in the UK at the postgraduate level, which the Nippon Foundation and the Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation re-launched in 2018, East Asian Studies at the University of Leeds invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who wish to pursue a taught MA program in Film Studies with a focus on Japanese cinema, a MA by Research (MAR) in Japanese Studies or a Ph.D. in Japanese Studies starting October 2022. For the taught MA program in Film Studies, the successful candidate will need to take the module on Transnational East Asian Cinemas and their MA dissertation needs to be focused on Japanese film.
- Host Nationality: UK
- Institution: University of Leeds
- Study Type: Full time
- Academic Session: 2022/2023
Requirements for University of Leeds
- Applicants to research degree programmes should normally have at least a first class or an upper second class British Bachelor’s Honours degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline.
- For PhD study, candidates should normally hold, or be expected to hold, a Master’s degree. Applicants who are uncertain about the requirements for a particular research degree are advised to contact email@example.com prior to making an application.
- The minimum English language entry requirement for research postgraduate research study is an IELTS of 6.5 overall with at least 6.0 in each component (reading, writing, listening and speaking) or equivalent (please contact the Graduate School Office for information about alternative English language qualifications accepted by the School).
- The test must be dated within two years of the start date of the course in order to be valid.
Sasakawa Postgraduate Studentships in Japanese Studies Deadline
This scholarship deadline is on 4 March 2022, so I strongly advise you to start applying now before the closing date.
How to Apply for Sasakawa Postgraduate Studentships in Japanese Studies
Interested and qualified applicants should click on the link below to apply.
Please leave a comment below!